Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    isislulani Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2007, 05:23 PM
    How to know how to price a painting job for the client
    Hello again,
    I wanted to say thanks to Ruby Pitbull for the advice. I have some more questions about painting. How do you know how much to price a house painting job, or a per room job. I mean would you price the job to the client by square ft, or price by gallon of paint sprayed? I know that there are many variables in painting like calk, and trim among other things, however I am a novice needing more info in that area before launching the business. Thank you in advance for your time.
    liridon shala Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2007, 04:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by isislulani
    Hello again,
    I wanted to say thanks to Ruby Pitbull for the advice. I have some more questions about painting. How do you know how much to price a house painting job, or a per room job. I mean would you price the job to the client by square ft, or price by gallon of paint sprayed? I know that there are many variables in painting like calk, and trim among other things, however I am a novice needing more info in that area before launching the business. Thank you in advance for your time.
    The simplest way is by getting the price list from your current competitors who're running the same business in your area.

After comparing those price, you want to get into the market with cheap price reduce them for 10% ---- you will get the market based on price.

Want to get the market with quality, then rise it for +10% in price

Either first or second will effecienty work property
    fireresc Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Feb 25, 2007, 09:25 PM
    I don't know about getting a prie list from your competitors but your local paint supplier may be albe to help you out on calculating your prices.
    You will want to figure in a few things like liability insurance, material cost, gas & vehicle maint. etc
    As a general rule, I figure exterior work buy the hour and quote the customer a job price not an hourly price. If you wuote an hourly price then if you finish fast you get penalized for being fast. Make sure when you calculate your labor though that you figure in set up and tear down costs as well as travel time if the job is not close.
    Interior work I figure by the square ft. of the wall space. Some painters figure by floor space but I have found the wall space to be more accurate.
    Hope this helps and good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Disable Netware client [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Does anybody know how to disable the Netware client during Windows XP startup? I occasionaly need to map to a netware drive but when I install Novell's client it just takes over. I switched the logon Gina to MSGINA.DLL so at least I log in with the Window dialog but right after I connect...

Telnet client for Symbian/Opera [ 1 Answers ]

Please I need help, looking for a telnet client for cellphone OS. Anybody knows something?

Get the Client login name? [ 3 Answers ]

Dear all, I need to get the Client system login name to display in each client pages.. I have tried following code it display nothing.. :( You are <%=Request.ServerVariables("LOGON_USER")%> Please anybody suggest right idea to solve this problem.. jena.

Telnet client. [ 3 Answers ]

Can anybody please help? I'm running AOL9 with windows xp, I've started getting a box on start up c:\windows\system32\mcc.exe With a message in the box Welcome to Microsoft Telnet client Escape character is 'ctrl+]' Microsoft Telnet> I also get a box on the taskbar where I can right click...

View more questions Search