Ask
    Janje Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2012, 04:03 AM
    Off set toilet
    Where can you buy a new off set toilet?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2012, 04:56 AM
    This is just a wild guess... but a place that sells plumbing supplies?

Edit : I wasn't clear enough in my answer, because the question wasn't clear enough... as was mentioned by speedball, offset flange is what you need. However the plumbing supply place would have been quick to explain that to you..
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 24, 2012, 06:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Janje View Post
    Where can you buy a new off set toilet?
    Hi Janje and Welcome to The Plumbing Page. At AskMeHelpDesk.com.
    They don't make "offset toilets. Are you sure you aren't looking for a off set toilet flange, (see image).
    How far would you want to off set the bowl? Back to you, Tom
    Attached Images

ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 24, 2012, 07:22 AM
    Tom is right on the money, the toilet is not offset but the flange can be. Maybe up to 2" if needed but we need to know more about your installation. What was installed before?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Apr 24, 2012, 09:09 AM
    Hi guys!

Toto makes a UNIFIT adapter that will allow most Toto toilets to fit a 10", 12" or 14" rough in with just that one adapter and you DON'T have to mess with the drain piping or flange...see images.

In this manner, I might actually consider Toto to be an "offset toilet" as Janje inquired about... ;)

Have a good day all!

Mark
    Attached Images

Eternal Plumber

Apr 24, 2012, 09:36 AM
    Hey Mark, By offset toilet I assumed they meant a offset toilet bowl.
    You gave us everything but the price, What's the dollar difference between the Toto toilet plus the UNIFIT adapter to a Briggs or American Standard regular toilet? As I've often said, "you're never too old to learn." Have a good day, From the Boston weather reports you all could use a "good day". Regards, Tom
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Apr 24, 2012, 01:28 PM
    I don't think they are real cheap, for sure, Tom! But if you factor in the cost hire a plumber to cut out the old flange and flooring and install an offset flange in this case I'm betting it's about a wash when comparing the standard toilets to totos' very basic toilets... maybe? Of course, Toto toilets can run some pretty hefty bucks as you go up in style!

And luckily, weather in my area has only been a little wet and chilly... not too bad, especially when you consider just how easily we got off from Winter up here, huh?

Have a great night!

Mark
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 24, 2012, 01:48 PM
    Can these UNIFIT adapters be used on any bowl? If Toto makes a special bole for these I can see the cost shooting through the roof. Have you installed any? Back to you, Tom
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Apr 24, 2012, 05:44 PM
    I have installed 3 of these (I think Milo has installed hundreds)... very nice install... almost "foolproof", really!

The unifit adapter only fits the Toto toilet and there are ones that are very competitive ($200.00ish plus the cost of the adapter (not very expensive)) all the way to $1000.00, so yeah, definitely a niche for them!

I think the real nice thing about these is that you don't have to go messing with the plumbing and offset flanges to fit a toilet anymore. In fact, one of the unifit adapters I worked with slid in and out via an O-Ring. This "universal" unifit adapter allowed the user to fit that toilet anywhere from 14" to 8"... if I remember correctly! Anyway, very versatile unit here! The installation of the adapter to the old flange was a breeze on PVC and cast iron flanges!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Set Toilet Flange on Concrete and Tile Floor. [ 3 Answers ]

I am going to set a toilet tomorrow and I am not sure how to set the flange. The roughed in pipe is four inches. Do I need to cut that flush with the existing floor. I have tile on top of a concrete slab. Do I need to screw the flange to the concret floor? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Basement toilet to be set on tile. [ 5 Answers ]

I am going to be installing a regular flush toilet in my basement. The concrete floor had the stub pipe already cut off and a plastic flange, with the holes for the bolts to tighten down the stool already installed. I have tiled (ceramic tile) up to and around the plastic flange. The flange sits...

Off set toilet closet [ 2 Answers ]

Good morning, This is plumberiamnotdp, I am changing a toilet in my extra bathroom, the floor is terrazo. I removed the old toilet and found the closet all rotted and out of line. There is barely 11 inches from the wall to the closet bolts. There is a chipped portion of the floor about...

Double syphonic toilet set [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have an old Ideal Standard Kingston toilet set. I know it is about 40 years old. This is a double siphonic type and few people seem to understand how they work. I have got a new set of washers from the sole remaining Ideal Standard recommended stockist. I have fitted the new set of...

Broken toilet flange set in concrete [ 7 Answers ]

Hello all. Our very old house has a broken toilet flange in the pool house. The floor is bare concrete (and will stay that way), and the sewer pipe appears to be lead or some other very soft metal. The closet bolts are gone and it does not look like they can be replaced easily, as one of the...

View more questions Search