Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tambeme6 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2012, 03:51 AM
    When child has restraining order against mom for child endangerment.
    My stepdaughter spent week ends, vacations
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2012, 03:53 AM
    What is your question?

Apr 24, 2012, 05:53 AM
    Can family get guardianship of my daughter if exwife loses custudy?
    My daughters spent weekends, vacations and holidays with me and their stepmom for 9 years then exwife moved them 3 hrs away. Ex kept them from me moving from house to house with boyfriends, disconnecting phone, not answering phone, not letting them call me for 2 yes. My eldest called me up and told me to come and get her or she was going to run away. She gave me the address and we drove there to get her. Ex called the cops, and since it was summer vacation, cop suggested my daughter spend time with me. They wouldn't let my 9 year come along though. The ex really is nuts and I felt horrable leaving her there with her mom. My eldest never went back. Got a new start with us. Lived here for 5 yes and graduated high-school here with above average grades. The problem is, the whole time my daughter lived with us, the ex isolated my youngest from me and quit speaking to the daughter for living with us. Ifigured my youngest would also have to get in a fight with her mom also for me to ever get to see her also. Well it finally happened, but instead of calling me, she went to her boyfriends family. Now I found out that the ex got arrested for child endangerment for chasing my daughter and her boyfriend to the. Boyfriends house with a knife. Boyfriends mom helped daughter get a restraining order against her mom. Turns out my ex abused my daughter, did not protect my daughter, and daughter was molested twice by two of moms male friends. Daughter called me to tell me that she is living with boyfriend 16 and his family. That she is happy now and wants to live with them not with me. The boyfriends mom has filed for guardianship of my daughter even though I. And my family miss her and want her here with her family. Found out daughter is being home schooled while boyfriend attends public school, daughter and boyfriend have been sexually active for a yr and 1/2, Bf's mother took daughter to get Norplant birth control, and my ex lives only a few houses down. My daughter and I have seen each other twice since all this and I'm sure she'll be just fine here. My wife, oldest daughter, and 2 stepsisters have each written letters to the judge to express that my daughter belongs here with her family who love and miss her. What are my rights? Could this family win over her own father? I know that every day she stays there she is getting more attatched, but I promised her I wouldn't just show up and rip her out of there, Even though I want to. I'm just not causing my daughter more trama by trusting the court will see what's really best for her. That would be with her family. Any advice welcomed.

Apr 24, 2012, 06:06 AM
    Sorry I rewrote it. . Thanks
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 24, 2012, 06:12 AM
    How many times during those years that the ex would not allow you to see the children did you take the ex back to court for contempt for not following the visits plans.

If you have no history of any attempts to get the children though court, no history of trying to see the children ( though the courts) If you are aware of a 16 who is living with a boyfriend who started having sex with her at 14 or 15 ( illlegal in most places) and do nothing, yes I see good chance the other family members have a great chance at getting custody.

Someone needs to , obvious you are not going to do anything.

Apr 24, 2012, 06:50 AM
    I had 3 day a week visitation (minimal) in 1999 .Ex made many false accusations about me to police that are on my record. Went to court to get more visitation because she was keeping them away and got weekend overnight visitation and vacation and holidays then she moved away. This latest court investigator made it sound like my daughter was a basket case and had to be with this lady at all times, but when I seen her she was fine. I wasn't sure what I could do since I didn't know if she already had emergancy guardianship. Didn't know if I could just get my daughter or what. Can I? What can I do to get her. She should not be there living with a boyfriend at 15. Please help.

Apr 24, 2012, 07:07 AM
    What legal steps do I take to get custudy of my daughter besides going to the guardianship hearing filed by this family? It was a hearing but now it's a trial. What happens during a trial?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2012, 07:50 AM
    All parties are sworn in, witnesses are called to testify, a Judge determine who is telling the truth and who is not and what is in the best interest of the child.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 24, 2012, 09:55 AM
    I'm sorry to say that I think you dropped the ball here. As soon as your ex moved away affecting your visitation you should have been in court requesting that she either return or that you be awarded custody. If all they did was change the visitation, then when she moved again or didn't make the children available, you should have been back in court. You had court ordered visitation which means that she was in contempt of court if she didn't allow it.

When you got your eldest, you should have gone to court for the younger. So, it appears you could have and should have done much more,

As for the situation you are in now, you need to get your daughter out of it. She will probably hate you, but the boyfriend's mother has broken the law by getting her birth control and allowing a sexual relationship. Depending on local laws and respective ages, the boyfriend may be guilty of statutory rape. I can't imagine any court that would allow an underage child to reside in a home that is condoning and supporting underage sex.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Restraining order and child custody [ 1 Answers ]

What if me and my husband have a restraining order and I have sole legal custody and never showed up in court. We both did not show up in court. Do the current orders stay in effect or what happens?

Can I get a restraining order against my ex girlfriend if we have a child together? [ 1 Answers ]

My ex-girlfriend and I have a 3 year old son together. She have destroyed my car, calls and texts me constantly and beaten on me as well. Can I get a restraining order against her even though we have a child together? She has custody of our son and even insists on being present during my...

Can a dad take custody from a mom through a restraining order? [ 7 Answers ]

My kids dad has never really been involved in their lives, until the last 2 years. We never went to court for visitation. Now he put a restraining order on me and he wants to take the kids. The restraining order states not that I am abusive with anyone only that I am never civil with him. Can he...

Unmarried no court order child lives w/mom [ 3 Answers ]

My daughter has lived w/me from her birth & her father moved 6 hours away. I have given him time to get it together so he can contribute financially towards his daughter but 2 1/2 yrs later $0 has been paid monthly. He ends toys & clothes every couple months but no monthly payments or offer to pay...

View more questions Search