Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TracyH Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2007, 03:23 PM
    Chicken Pox and the Vaccination?
    My son who is 14 1/2 months had what looked like the chicken pox about 3 weeks ago. I took him to the Emergency room and the Doctor there simply looked at them and said it was chicken pox. No blood work was done to confirm. I took him into get his shots and one of them was the Chicken Pox Vaccine. Will it hurt him to have had the Chicken Pox and then get the Chicken Pox Vaccien? Should He not have gotten the Vaccine?

Concerned,
    Tracy
    isabelle Posts: 309, Reputation: 31

Feb 22, 2007, 03:38 PM
    [Yes, he should have had the vaccine. My child had it at a few months old . I can't remember her exact age... However at 8 years old she had a very mild case of Chicken Pox.
    Did you explain to your son's doctor before the vaccine?
    In order to get an exact answer your doctor is your best source.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 22, 2007, 04:04 PM
    I agree that it would be most important to discuss this with your pediatrician. I don't see a reason to give the vaccine once the child has had chicken pox. The vaccine is designed to prevent chicken pox.

Understand that not always is blood work necessary to diagnose chicken pox. It is relatively obvious to the trained eye without adding extra trauma to the young child.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chicken Pox [ 1 Answers ]

My 5 1/2 month old son was exposed to Chicken Pox and I was wondering if I should be worried about it? Thank you for your help

Chicken pox [ 2 Answers ]

My 4 yr old had the chicken pox vaccine. A week ago she developed a headache, high fever for 3 days with a cough and sore throat. The 2nd day red flat bumps appeared on her bottom and legs, she's had about 30 bumps. They swelled and had white heads but never turned in to blisters. The first ones...

Incredibally sore chicken pox? [ 1 Answers ]

The other day J_9 said It's possible I have chicken pox because of the symptoms I described to her. Plus I've never had them or a vaccine before. But the pox on my face are INCREDIBALLY sore, I mean it just really hurts. And It seems to get worse if I get startled, cranky, upset, or scared? :l Im...

Chicken pox or what? [ 24 Answers ]

Well, we have all been sick in some way or another in the last two weeks. I need an opinion of what you think this could be. All 5 kids were sick: 1 was vomitting, had a fever for two days, head throb for a few days, then she was fine. 2 started this whole mess, he had a headache and fever...

Chicken pox [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I am pregnant for 4 months and never had chicken pox before. This weekend I am planning to see my teacher who's child has been infected with chicken pox. My teacher has not been infected maybe because she had it before. Now, I worry that my teacher might carry the virus (not infected by...

View more questions Search