Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rajiv2034 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2012, 09:15 AM
    Why I cant access a website
    I can access a site from my desktop in my office but I am unable to access the same site from my lap top
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 23, 2012, 09:17 AM
    Any number of reasons and more details would be needed to try and work out why.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Apr 23, 2012, 09:17 AM
    Agree with Curlyben
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2012, 09:22 AM
    A good place to start would be when you are on the internet where your home and favorites buttons are; click on the tools button and in the Internet options section check your security and privacy settings as you may have to adjust one of those settings.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 23, 2012, 09:44 AM
    It may be that there is security systems at work on your desk top that does not allow access to this the site you mentioned. In addition if you do work on your lap top also, please review the rules of internet access for your company, in years past I have had to fire many employees for access of certain sites from computers used for their work.
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2012, 12:04 PM
    Fr_Chuck the OP stated in his post that could access a website from a Desktop computer at work, but was unable to access the same website on his personal laptop computer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cannot Access Website from Outside Domain [ 2 Answers ]

Hello All, I am having an issue with all of the computers here in my office. We can access our website from within the Local Area Network, but whenever we take a computer outside of the LAN it receives a 502 error when typing in our URL. I have these issues with every outside network, not just...

Trying to access a website [ 8 Answers ]

Trying to access a website

I can't access Windows update website. [ 1 Answers ]

When I try to enter the Windows Update webpage I get a message like, We appreciate your visit but this is only for windows users, you can visit the mac site at microsoft.com/mac Well, I am a windows user, what is wrong? Thanks in Advance! :)

Cannot Access Website [ 2 Answers ]

Hiya All Will someone do me a favour please and try this website. I can get to everything else on the site but not the forums. Thanks DavidB. http://forums.computeractive.co.uk/

View more questions Search