Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    M-Junaid Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2012, 12:50 AM
    In excel when I'm on sheet1 a1 cell and I want sheet2 c1 cell text appear sheet1 b1?
    In excel which type of symbol we use when I'm on sheet1 a1 cell and I want text of sheet2 c1 appear in sheet1 b1. Tell me the formula
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 23, 2012, 03:32 AM
    To link to the contents of another cell simply type = and then the cell address or navigate to the cell and select it.

Apr 23, 2012, 04:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    To link to the contents of another cell simply type = and then the cell address or navigate to the cell and select it.
    Pleas read my complete question.

Apr 23, 2012, 04:35 AM
    I did read your complete question and my response answers it. Your question is not entirely clear. The only thing I could get from what you posted was that you wanted to reference a value in another cell. There is no formula you can enter one cell to make a value appear in another cell. You would have to use a macro to do that.

Apr 23, 2012, 04:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    I did read your complete question and my response answers it. Your question is not entirely clear. The only thing I could get from what you posted was that you wanted to reference a value in another cell. There is no formula you can enter in one cell to make a value appear in another cell. You would have to use a macro to do that.
    Its not possible in excel?

U understood my question?

Apr 23, 2012, 05:27 AM
    I said I'm not sure I understood your question and asked you to clarify. If you are asking what you can type in A1 to make a value appear in B1, yes that is impossible. You can create a macro to type something in B1.

Apr 23, 2012, 06:46 AM
    No.
    I said that, I'm on sheet1 in a1 cell and I want sheet2 cell c1 text appear in sheet 1 b1.
    Its possible?

Apr 23, 2012, 06:58 AM
    Yes that is possible and I told you how. In cell B1 you type = and then the cell address or navigate to the cell. Did you even try what I told you?

Apr 23, 2012, 07:26 AM
    Yes I do many times.

But you don't understood my question properly.
    I just want to say that, I am on sheet 1 or cell a1 and which type of formula or symbol we use that, sheet2 b2 cell text appear in sheet1 cell c1.

Understand??

Apr 23, 2012, 08:32 AM
    One more try. You cannot type anything in a cell that will cause data to appear in another cell. I said that. You can place a formula in a cell to reference a value in another cell using =cell address, like I also explained.

If you want the value in Sheet2!B2 to appear in Sheet1!C1 then you have to enter
    = Sheet2!B2 in C1. There is nothing you can enter A1 to make the text appear in C1.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Apr 24, 2012, 05:23 AM
    Perhaps you should show your question to someone in your office as well as Scott's answer and see if they can spot the problem with either:

1) helping you correct your question so that it is understandable in a way that leads to a different answer

2) helping you apply the answer given in a way you can see it does answer your question

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need to link a sheet name as a cell, not as 'sheet1'. Is there a way to do this? [ 2 Answers ]

I have the sheet name linked to a cell in each sheet, and the top row of my table is pulling that same cell. Now I want to be able to link all the columns in my table to that top row, instead of listing 'Sheet1'E11, 'Sheet2'E11, etc in all of the cells below. This is a large table, and will need...

How to show all the text in an excel cell [ 1 Answers ]

I have noticed in a lot of excel spreadsheet that when I past in text some of it does not show up until I double click the cell I pasted in. sometimes it is in the middle sometimes it happens at the end. I am not exceeding the amount of characters allowed in a cell. The length of the cell is only...

Transpose rows present in sheet1 to columns in sheet2 [ 1 Answers ]

Please help out... I want to transpose rows present in sheet1 to columns in sheet2, also i need to maintain relationship between these two sheets i.e, if i delete any row from sheet1 it should automatically delete that respective column in sheet2...

Display text vertically and not horizontally in 1 cell (Excel) [ 2 Answers ]

How would you display a line of text to show vertically after each text in one cell? For example: Total Activity Cost And not Total Activity Cost (in one cell)? Thank you in advance.

View more questions Search