Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lashiracampbell Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2012, 11:58 PM
    Get my man back
    Ok now I been going with my boyfriend for about 3 months now he was so attracted to me telling me how beautiful I am he always wanted to be open and wanted me around always he also kept asking me to be more open he wanted us to be closer he just kept asking me that... But for some reason I could not do it completely I mean I really love him he's a great man and I really want to I was just.so scared to get hurt before him I was in a relationships.for 5 yrs with my.ex.and he cheated lied all the time it scard me an now I think my current man is feed up with me not showing affection and opening up he's.acting.different I feel as though we're not that close.and its like he backed off I'm scared I.really don't want to lose him how can I.get.us back please.help
    Schoolmarm97 Posts: 206, Reputation: 47

Apr 23, 2012, 05:44 AM
    Lashira, it sounds to me like this is all you. You need to reconcile yourself with your past. Not all men are alike, but they do have qualities in common, and you can easily trick yourself into seeing either all the good or all the bad in this special guy.

I'd suggest you two seek couples counseling together. If you continue to hold back (I'm not entirely sure what you're withholding from him, and I'm assuming it's not just sex) he will continue to distance from you. Right now you're the "distancer" (that's therapist talks ;)) and he's the "pursuer". There's a rule of therapy thumb that goes "When the pursuer stops pursuing, the distancer stops distancing" and it works the other way, too. If you stop distancing, he'll stop pushing and you can meet in the middle. But you need to get on this ASAP before he decides to find someone less complicated.
    none12345 Posts: 1,439, Reputation: 234
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2012, 11:21 AM
    A relationship that ended up badly can do that to you and change that in someone. All I can say is that maybe you are not ready for a relationship, you ll need to work on bettering your own life and slowly you will begin to build faith in humanity again and realize that not all people are like that. That's when you know you're ready to start a new relationship.
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2012, 11:27 AM
    You need to stop punishing your current boyfriend with you past experiences. Maybe get some counceling, talk to him about why you are feeling this way, and try to change your actions.
    Lashiracampbell Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2012, 01:14 PM
    Thank you all for you help I will try to get it together asap.. Bc I do not want to lose him!!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 23, 2012, 01:20 PM
    So tell him, explain your past relationship, explain the hurt and pain , and explain that things will take time, 3 months is such a short amount of time

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does my man at least want me back? [ 2 Answers ]

I miss him so much he broke up with me saying I'm too childish. He can't take me anymore but I really think he's being immature and mean. I pissed him off 3 times he claims he can't take me anymore but I don't know it seems like he has deeper issues because I really do think I was a good...

Can you get a man back? [ 63 Answers ]

I was with a man for about 4-5 months. He said I was what he wanted and he is for me. He said he didn't have feelings for me and thinks we should just be friends. Well I am trying to be a great friend, but its hard since I fell for him. My friends say to try and get him back. Does that work? I...

How to get by man back [ 4 Answers ]

OK hi my name is julie I have thiss boyfriend bill.ok sense our first date we have been on and off because he realized he's still in love w his ex girl:( .I know he loves me and I want to be with him the rest of my life but, what can I do to get him to stop thinking about her so we can be happy?

How to get my man back? [ 6 Answers ]

Shame! I just had an ovarian cyst surgery and it was my boyfriend pays off all my hospital bills. But before I am fully recovered he was sending me e-mail that he doesn't feel good about us and he wants to go on his way no matter how much it will going to hurt me because he can't no longer live...

View more questions Search