Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lewie Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Apr 22, 2012, 06:24 PM
    Should the good outweigh the bad?
    I've always been relationship shy... yea... I probably need therapy about that. But I'm old enough now and should know what I want. OK... so I'm starting to have doubts about my fiancé. I'm a perfectionist and I'm really hard on myself. I think I'm expecting him to be perfect too. He's great to my kids, wonderful to me, we don't fight - we discuss, we do things together, we have things in common that we both enjoy. OK. So... he doesn't have a steady job (he's in sales) and has been "looking" for a new job. And he lives at home with Mommy (after he lost his house). I'm afraid that I see him as a mama's boy who doesn't need to get a real job because she takes care of him. He won't do the final commitment because he doesn't want me to support him. I think that's a poor excuse. So... should the good outweigh the bad? He's good to me and he's wonderful to my kids. I feel like I'm too vested in it and I need to live with the bad and keep focused on the good. So the question... is a mama's boy who doesn't have a real job worth it?
    Ela2219 Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2012, 06:58 PM
    Now a days it is really hard to find good-hearted guy. Trust me. My mom is currently in a abusive relationship. Keep the guy for a while longer. You never know hee might get to his feet and get a job just for you. He sounds like a great guy. Not everyone is perfect and everyone has flaws. Be thankful his flaws are as simple as being a mommas boy.
    ~Ela~
    *Keep me updated what happened!* :)
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

Apr 22, 2012, 07:57 PM
    For starters, no one is perfect, don't expect it from him.
    If he he treats you well and treats your children well, then you are one up on a lot of people, men and women alike.
    The loss of job and home makes for a pretty disheartening situation for him, encouragement rather than doubt right now should be what you offer.
    As far as your marriage commitment, do you WANT to support him?
    Obviously, not knowing the entire situation, I would say that if this is just a rough patch and not a way of life for him, then he is probably worth the time you have invested.
    Give him a chance to get back on his feet and be able to provide for you like he seems from your post he wants to do.
    In the end it is up to you, talk to him about your concerns.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 22, 2012, 08:11 PM
    Love is not seeing the bad or not worrying about it, if you are in love, the smaller details should not matter. Does his self doubt about not going further in the relationship come from him ( not happy he is not working steady) or does he get it from you ?

But in sales, sales is always full time, it is just earnings not always full time.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Apr 23, 2012, 03:09 AM
    I don't see him as a mamma's boy. He is living with his mom because he lost his job and does not want you taking care of him. I see that as a good thing. He sounds like a good guy. Maybe you need to lighten up before you lose him.
    lewie Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Apr 23, 2012, 04:55 PM
    Thank you all for your comments. I agree, I am lucky to have him. Maybe it's just this darn menopause that's making me crazy :)
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Apr 24, 2012, 01:02 AM
    Menopause will do it! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What can I do if my expenses outweigh my disability? [ 1 Answers ]

Iam on disability and just got my child support raised to an amount where I cannot live

Good vs Bad [ 31 Answers ]

Here is a good one. How do u difrence between good and bad. If a bad action can bring something good what kind of action is it? I have heard a lot of sentences like, why God permits bad things to happen, well maybe they are not bad as we think they are. Maybe it is possible that there is no good...

Good or bad? [ 2 Answers ]

Well I been finding out that I am waaaayyyy to nice. I really don't know if it is a good thing or bad. I asked a couple of friends and some said that they liked it cause of my personality or that they hated it and think that I should be mean sometimes. I am a very confusing person because I can not...

From a bad reltionship to a good but that turned bad to! [ 27 Answers ]

Hi People, I am a newbie here, I will have to start from the beginning I was going through a bad relationship a few years ago, I was going through domestic violence etc etc. After I gave birth to my daughter I then decided that I didn't want her around violence and arguments everyday so I told...

Bad or good ! [ 20 Answers ]

Dear exerts , How can you tell whether your spirituality is in the right direction or wrong?? Regards Navid

View more questions Search