Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cne_unique Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2004, 01:23 PM
    Social studies
    Woodland Indians may have used hunting grounds as boundaries between groups. What kinds of things have other people used to make boundaries? Choose a country and research this question. (teacher asked for 2 paragraphs on what we laerned I'm in the 5th grade and stuck... help :confused: )
    albena Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Dec 5, 2004, 04:25 PM
    From the Antiquity people used natural sources of the relief to separate their countries. These we are calling physical boundaries. For instance the river Danube is the natural (or physical) border between my country Bulgaria and Romania (Europe, Balkan Peninsula).

There are also political borders, built by the humans themselves (look at the straight lines on the map separating Nevada from Utah, Libya from Egypt etc.)

From the famous borders-fortifications I will mention
    The Berliner Wall (http://www.dailysoft.com/berlinwall/)
    And the Great China Wall (http://www.crystalinks.com/chinawall.html).
    There is a lot of info about these on the net or in the library, I’m sure you will enjoy doing your homework!
    Good luck!
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Apr 10, 2006, 09:25 AM
    I agree with Albena. One thing to keep well in mind, however, is that these assignments are given in order to give you experience in doing research. If indeed you are stumped at the outset, then your teacher needs to explain the research process to you more clearly. Telling her about your difficulty might be helpful.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Apr 10, 2006, 09:28 AM
    Let's keep our eyes peeled. This question was answered over a year ago.

We are working on the best thing to do with old posts, but for now just remember that the primary goal of this site is to help askers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Studies in marine biology [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, My daughter is presently studying in 12th grade in india. She is very much interested in marine biology. She has a tremendous liking for the waterworld, dolphins etc and wants to build up her career in the same field. Kindlyl let me know the scope for the same and if there is any career in...

Social Studies [ 3 Answers ]

Which of the following effects of the Neolithic agricultural revolution would be considered the MOST long-term? A growth in population B acquiring more possessions C more interaction among communities D loss of status for women

Social studies [ 2 Answers ]

Which of the following was true of feudalism? A - peasants owned the lands they farmed. B - local lords exercised great power. C - the king exercised absolute power. D - the king had no real power.

View more questions Search