Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    waynejc Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2012, 02:18 PM
    Computer keeps shutting down.
    I know that somewhere in the MicroSoft Windows 7, there is a program tool that will allow me to change the time before my computer shuts down. Lately I am having trouble because my computer will go back to the home page when I'm not ready to leave a program that I'm looking at. I need to change the time to allow my computer to stay on longer!
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 22, 2012, 02:27 PM
    Type POWER OPTIONS into the search box,
    This will give you he Power options and then it's simply a case of changing the active power plan..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Windows keeps shutting down on my new computer? [ 2 Answers ]

I purchased this Acer laptop last night, already it has shut down 4 times with arror message : C:Windows\Minidump\101711-16302-01,dmp Also : BCCODE;3b I think this is a bad sign that I have a defective computer and feel I should bring it back to the store..

Computer shutting off [ 3 Answers ]

computer keeps shutting off as soon it comes on, it's about 5 yrs. Old, and cleaned out all the insides, have any ideas.

My computer keeps shutting down! [ 2 Answers ]

My computer keeps shutting down? Every 20 or 30 minutes my computer will show a blue screen and then shut down. When I log back on I get an error message saying that my PC has recovered from a serious error. I sent the report and it opened up the following information from Microsoft. Solution 2...

Shutting Down Computer [ 2 Answers ]

?? After disconnecting from the internet, I cannot shut down the computer from the "start" button.  A gray box comes up - "Outlook HTML Menu - This program is not responding.  It maybe busy, waiting on a response from you, or it may have stopped running".  Clicking on "wait, end task, or close"...

Shutting down computer [ 2 Answers ]

Help! When attempting to shut down the computer via the "start" button, after being on the internet, a gray box comes up that says, "Outlook HTML Menu - this program is not responding. It maybe busy, waiting on a response form you, or it may have stopped running." Clicking on "wait, end task,...

View more questions Search