Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Myliar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2012, 07:08 AM
    Abusive husband?
    Moved to its own thread

Just need help because sometimes he punches me, or throw things at me. I was like?? What did I do wrong?? I am a 100% faithful wife, even he always put me in someone shoes ( ladies who are married and had affair). I don't understand him, he spoiled me badly and when it comes to jealousy,I'm speechless because I'm scared.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 22, 2012, 08:07 AM
    There is no reason to allow physical abuse, and you must remove yourself from this situation. There is nothing to understand, just get to a safe place, shelter, family, friends, or the cops.

Maybe he gets help, maybe he doesn't. None of that matters one bit, but your safety and protection from his abuses does!
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Apr 22, 2012, 08:11 AM
    Don't put up with this. My sister went through this for years and nearly died from it before she finally took the steps to save herself. Get the police involved, get out, get away. This is not acceptable at all.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Apr 22, 2012, 08:24 AM
    To answer your title: Yes, he is abusive.

Are there any children in the household?

Many abusers will 'spoil' their victims. It keeps the target staying there and taking more abuse. It causes the victim to believe that everything that happens is their fault. They cause the insecurity and deserve the treatment they receive. But they don't. Those negative thoughts and actions belong to the abuser.

You do not make him act or react. That is all his burden to carry. Do not allow him to force it onto you.

You need to get out of the house. Do you have friends or family you could stay with for awhile? Do you have the means to be able to get your own place?

Other measures you could try would depend on where you live. Many places have shelters for abused women. Most can be contacted through your police department.

After you are in a safe place, you can look at your other options such as legal separation/divorce, counseling, etc.

Get out and then look at the full picture. Look into counseling and support groups whether stay or go. You need face-to-face support.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Abusive husband [ 3 Answers ]

Recently I left my husband because he was physically, verbally, emotionally abusive. I have a child from a previous marriage and am pregnant with his child. I met him a year ago and we fell deeply in love. He was everything I ever thought I needed and wanted in a man. When I look back on...

Is my husband abusive? [ 13 Answers ]

My husband constantly puts me down. Not just name calling (example: hoe, *****) but also personal insults like stupid, lazy, fat, and makes me feel bad for not working. I only have a high school diploma and can't afford child-care. We have three kids, and I am pregnant again. I got pregnant on the...

Is my husband abusive [ 12 Answers ]

I am married with 4 kids, 2 from a previous marriage. My first husband abused drugs and alcohol and was physically and mentally abusive. I have been married for the second time for almost 10 years. My husband is a very strong willed person. He is very traditional and conservative. We've never...

Abusive husband [ 9 Answers ]

My husband doesn't hit, but he yells - a lot. He yells at me, he yells at the kids. It doesn't take much - a messy house, a teen who doesn't want to wash dishes. When I ask him to stop yelling, it turns on me. Then he calls me names and says a lot of really mean things, because "I never support...

Abusive husband [ 10 Answers ]

He calls me names like slut, fat lazy, he drinks every day ,lies he's always angry when he gets home from work he hates it when the TV is on or if I'm on the computer every thing has to be in silence why why it is driving me crazy

View more questions Search