Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ricroc56 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2012, 07:29 AM
    Just installed a new moen positemp mixer and my water pressure is little to non
    Just installed a new moen positemp mixer and my water pressure is little to non,I am only using cold water as I have no hot water installed yet. When I pull the cartridge out water gushes out the brass fixture, I insert the cartridge again and water pressure disappears.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Apr 23, 2012, 05:36 AM
    Hi Ricroc56

You have little to no pressure because you have installed a PRESSURE BALANCED shower valve. Here, in this case, that means that the shower will not work until you have hot water running to the valve.

Once you hook the hot water to the shower valve everything will equalize and you should have a perfect shower, OK?

Good luck!

Mark
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2012, 07:02 AM
    Yep I agree with Mark, good luck.

John

Apr 23, 2012, 09:33 AM
    Hi mark much thanks for that advice I will connect a cold line to the hot for now to allow the system to equalize for now until I install the hot water. Much thanks, I will give you a feedback after.

Apr 23, 2012, 09:34 AM
    Hi mark much thanks for that advice I will connect a cold line to the hot for now to allow the system to equalize for now until I install the hot water. Much thanks, I will give you a feedback after.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Apr 23, 2012, 09:41 AM
    That should work just fine... ;) Good day!~

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shoer problems: new shower valves MOEN positemp 62320 [ 2 Answers ]

Newly installed, possible future problems ? Note they are installed in a YMCA with a huge shower load

Moen Positemp shower valve [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Moen Positemp shower valve and cannot get hot water. I pulled the cartridge out and there did not seem to be any obstructions. Suggestions?

Moen positemp shower w/ no hot water [ 3 Answers ]

Okay, I've read several Q's and A's here. I guess my situation seems unique, so I'll ask. I have hot water everywhere else in house. I have decent cold water pressure in shower When I turn knob to 180 degrees shower goes from good cold pressure to trickle cold w/ no sign of hot. When I pull...

Moen Positemp-Temperature stability issue [ 1 Answers ]

Hello! I am a novice plumber--o.k. I haven't really done any real plumbing yet. BUT---we don't have much money for hiring a plumber, so I thought I would try the Internet. The Problem: Hot water heater is fine. I get hot water throughout whole house, EXCEPT when we go to shower, we have...

View more questions Search