Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Masturmind Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2007, 12:57 PM
    Is Proactiv or Accutane The Answer
    Someone give the 411 on these to products. I love for my black skin to be clear even though I look okay with it I would look eve better without. Someone please let me know which product is better for an african american with acne. Please someone let me know what REALLY WORKS!:eek:
    Hopeful1 Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Feb 22, 2007, 11:43 PM
    I LOVE Proactiv. It is the only acne fighting cleaner that has actually worked. Accutane is by prescription only and is a pretty harsh chemical from what I understand.

Proactiv comes in either Benzoyl Peroxide or Salicyclic acid.
    starsbooty Posts: 119, Reputation: 7

Mar 2, 2007, 01:56 PM
    Proactive really only works if you don't have really bad acne! I use it and have been for a long time, I still get pimples but it did take a majority away. Also if you have sensitive dry skin I suggest not using this as it will dry you out more!
    thinkpink4936 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2007, 06:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Masturmind
    Someone give the 411 on these to products. I love for my black skin to be clear even though I look okay with it I would look eve better without. Someone please let me know which product is better for an african american with acne. Please someone let me know what REALLY WORKS!:eek:
    Proactiv really works best also I would recommend acne free. It's the same as proactiv but a lot cheaper! Good luck.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 3, 2007, 06:42 PM
    Accutane is dangerous. It can cause suicidal ideations and is dangerous if you are anywhere near having a child. Man or woman. Stick with proactive
    jmills19 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2011, 05:25 PM
    I got off accutane about 7 months ago and my face is completely clear. It came with a price though. I still have constant lower back pain. I would really talk with a doctor about your choices.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

LOREAL and Proactiv and magic cream [ 5 Answers ]

Hi. Has anyone tried any of these products? I'm asian and I'm 18. I have problems with acne. They are not too big but they are small and too many. I just want to get rid of them. I'm not hoping for a lighter complexion. Anyway, have anyone tried of these products? Please help me.

Proactiv [ 1 Answers ]

Any opinions? Or other advice to get rid of acne under the skin

Swelling with proactiv solution [ 5 Answers ]

Help with skin care, I'm 32 yr old black family. One year ago I started using proactiv solution.But a friend told me about a product that I should try and I did with no success I went back on proactiv but now I am getting a puffy eye just in my right eye{or} swellness ::)please could someone...

I Need An Answer Please! [ 5 Answers ]

I need an answer When ever me and my b/f are together he sometimes checks out other chicks I do sometimes but when he does it I feel insecure like he wants to be with a hotter chick than w/ me and its probably I'm jealous and I hate it because I check out other chicks to and he isn't like...

View more questions Search