InkWeaver Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2012, 01:38 PM
    Also I can appreciate the Hamlet quote.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 22, 2012, 01:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by InkWeaver View Post
    What do you mean it was your salvation?
    I wanted to get back into writing (had had one article published five or so years earlier by the Chicago Historical Society) but didn't really have anything to write about or know what step to take next. My kids were grown, I was doing that renegade counseling stuff in the evenings, and loved my library job, but I wanted more. (I'm an overachiever.) So I stumbled upon a fantastic life coach whose services I engaged for three months and who (in a phone consultation once a week, plus homework in between) got me plotting out my future as a writer. Four books were written and traditionally published during the next three or so years with more to be accomplished later.

Apr 22, 2012, 02:04 PM
    I see.

Do you find yourself being happy with the place you're at in life right now?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 22, 2012, 02:16 PM
    Do you find yourself being happy with the place you're at in life right now?
    Yes, but I want more. And I'm finding ways to get more.

Apr 22, 2012, 02:39 PM
    Do you mind if I ask what's the worst thing that's ever happened to you?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 22, 2012, 03:49 PM
    Do you mind if I ask what's the worst thing that's ever happened to you?
    I'm sorry, but I can't post that for anyone to see. I'd tell you privately, but there's no way to do that yet.

Apr 22, 2012, 04:40 PM
    Is there any way to talk privately then?Our conversation's not only actually given me something to look forward to, but it's nice.. looking forward to a new post I guess.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 22, 2012, 05:04 PM
    Is there any way to talk privately then?Our conversation's not only actually given me something to look forward to, but it's nice.. looking forward to a new post I guess.
    That means I have to keep you interested in this thread until such time that I can figure out a way to tell you without telling the rest of the world.

Hmmmm. How can I keep you engaged? My younger son is creating a role-playing game website. Have you ever thought of doing that or doing a blog? I've started a blog about my cats.

Apr 22, 2012, 05:37 PM
    I prefer role-playing games when reserved to forums and such other things. But I think it's neat that your son is smart enough to develop games.

I am developing a blog. As for speaking privately, do you have an IM program? I'm connected to Skype, MSN, and Gmail. But other than that nothing else..

I also hate going on video. But I'm able to if it makes things easier. At the moment I'm on an iPod.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 22, 2012, 05:43 PM
    Like I said earlier, we're not allowed to take the thread offline or to another venue. The admins will dismember me.

I have no video capability and dismantled/uninstalled MSN and Yahoo IMs. I do own a cell phone and have a landline. :) but no fancy-schmancy iPods or Blackberries or Kindles.

Apr 22, 2012, 07:01 PM
    I see.. They really should implement a private messaging syst on here.

Anyway. I've just returned home from a long day.

What exactly are we talking about now?. I feel a tad lost.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 22, 2012, 07:15 PM
    I see.. They really should impliment a private messaging syst on here.
    There is a very nice one, but you're too new yet. I'm not sure how many posts a newbie has to have. I thought 30, but it might be less. I'm watching...

How about writing something for our site blog. Have you read any posts on it yet?

Apr 22, 2012, 07:19 PM
    No I haven't yet.. I'm on the mobile version of the site and I'm still finding my way around these parts..

On the bright side my friend shared her writing with me for once, which surprised me. She's confidient with her artwork, but embarrassed of her writing. I'm the exact opposite.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 22, 2012, 07:21 PM
    So what did you think of her writing? Does she go to your school?

Apr 22, 2012, 07:25 PM
    I genuinely liked it. There were a few grammatical mistakes but they were all easily fixed. She does go to my school, yes, I'm a junior and she's a sophomore.

She's one of those girls that likes to write cuddly fluff, whereas I like to write abstract things that tend to confuse people.

It was nice delving into a soft world for once, though. I never write fluff. I did recently spew a sudden thought that I found interesting down on my iPod notes yesterday.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 22, 2012, 07:29 PM
    I have an idea. Does your school have a writers' group that meets after school?

Apr 22, 2012, 07:32 PM
    Not that I'm aware of. I know we have all sorts of groups, like a knitting club, anime clubs, etc. But nothing revolving around writing or artwork unfortunately..

Unless you count the "coloring club".

I know you can form clubs but you have to get a teacher to chaperone and ten people to join you.

So far the gay-straight alliance is the biggest club in my high school. Yay for no bullying and all that.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 22, 2012, 07:40 PM
    In December 2008 I started a writers' group at the library where I worked, so I could be your online mentor. (I'm very experienced now. :)) I wonder if one of your English teachers would be interested in this -- and I bet, if this were opened up to the school, you could easily get ten students (or more). I found the best size group, though, is no more than fifteen (or even fewer). Maybe limit it to juniors and sophomores?

Apr 22, 2012, 07:44 PM
    I'd love an online mentor. Not only are you kind but you seem pretty knowledgeable in the subject as well.

Can I ask a weird question?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 22, 2012, 07:48 PM
    PRETTY knowledgeable??

Yes, ask away.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Severe depression [ 5 Answers ]

Severe depression 38 years old, been depressed most of my life but this has gotten to a different level, very dark, scarey thoughts, hard to get out of bed,have never found the right medicine and I am getting worse. I live in Indpls. I do not have money but need help please

Severe Depression [ 6 Answers ]

Can severe depression lead to shoplifting and memory loss. Also, can it cause hallucinations?

Severe Depression or something more severe? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am very confused right now. I had been in a relationship for about one year. In the beginning this person was completely candid with me and told me they suffered from MS, OCD and two years previously had suffered from a about of clinical depression, whereby they tried to kill themselves...

Severe Depression or something more severe? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am very confused right now. I had been in a relationship for about one year. In the beginning this person was completely candid with me and told me they suffered from MS, OCD and two years previously had suffered from a about of clinical depression, whereby they tried to kill themselves...

Severe depression! [ 23 Answers ]

My girlfriend ended a 11 year relationship, almost 8 months ago, and since I have gone through hell as I loved her deeply from my heart. I have seen quite a few psycho trappist & psychiatrist since then and they have prescribed me so many different antidepressant but none have helped me to this...

View more questions Search