Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KevinMacleod1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2012, 03:20 PM
    Adopting my girlfriends kid
    Hi there me and my girlfriend have been together for 3years I want to adopt her son that's 3 we have changed his name with the docs etc his biological father hasn't seen him since the first month of his life but is on the birth certifacate I would like to know if there's any laws that can stop us wiping him out of the kids life and for me to adopt ?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 21, 2012, 03:25 PM
    If the bio father has already signed that he was OK with the name change ( he has to give his permission in most cases for it to happen)

But in most places you have to be married first and married for about a year. Then your wife hires an attorney who will get in touch with the bio father to get his permission for the adoption.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Apr 21, 2012, 06:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinMacleod1 View Post
    ... we have changed his name with the docs etc ...
    What does this mean?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 22, 2012, 03:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by AK lawyer View Post
    What does this mean?
    Im wondering that too. As it sounds more like hiding the child rather then anything else.
    sstmofadwn Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2012, 06:04 AM
    Be sure u know what you're doing because after you adopt the child, if u 2 separate she can sue for child support from you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to get rid of your girlfriends ex that has a kid with her [ 3 Answers ]

I have a girlfriend that has an ex that won't go away. But I understand they have a kid together. But there must be something that can be done to where he stops calling and texting her all the time? Like when he calls and texts its nothing to do with there kid. Its telling her he miss's her and...

Girlfriend wants to take my kid to Ohio and leave ? How can I keep custidy of my kid [ 13 Answers ]

I live in Florida and my girlfriend keeps threatening to take our son and leave me to go back to Ohio. How can I stop her from taking my child out of state? What are my rights?

What is the process of adopting the non biological kid [ 1 Answers ]

What is the process of adopting the non biological kid.He's using his bilogical father's name, yet his father is already out of the picture eversince after birth.

Movie about a kid in a can, an instant kid. [ 2 Answers ]

This was a family movie. I don't remember it very well, but there was this child, maybe a robot child and the woman opened up a can and there he was. It was not animated. I remember liking it and thought my kids would like it. Anybody know what it is?

Adopting girlfriends child [ 4 Answers ]

Ive read the forums but cannot find specific info on this. Our situation: my girlfriend and I have been together for 2 years. We have a baby girl together. She came into the relationship with an 11 month old son whom I love dearly and have raised as my own and fully intend to continue to for...

View more questions Search