Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    72c10 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2012, 08:24 AM
    Laptop turns off after about 5-7 seconds
    I am having an issue with my laptop. It is a Toshiba A105.

Here is what’s happening:

-I turn on my laptop
    -It attempts to load up
    -It does this for about 5-7 seconds then immediate shuts down.

Things I’ve tried:
    -Made sure battery was fully charged.
    -Purchased and tried two new batteries
    -Purchased and tried new power cord
    -Purchased and tried new power supply and power button.
    -Purchase new motherboard (turned out to be the wrong one, but ordered another to try)

This problem started gradually. Sometimes it would start and stay on and other times I would have to charge for a while then it would finally come up. Now, it just will only come up for about 5-7 seconds and shut down.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2012, 09:43 AM
    Does the fan sound like its operating?
    Does it stayed powered up longer when you first turn it on?
    72c10 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2012, 10:06 AM
    Yes, the fan runs until the laptop turns off.
    It only stays powered up for about 5-7 seconds then turns off.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dehumidifier turns back on after 30 seconds? [ 1 Answers ]

My dehumidifier will run for 15 minutes and then shut down (fan also) and then resume operation after 30 seconds. Is this normal? I have the RH level set to 50.

My trane heat pump unit turns on for 5 seconds then turns off [ 0 Answers ]

My trane heat pump will turn on (the outside part ) then turn off after 5 seconds. It never cools the house. I had an hvac guy come out and he said the freon is full and that he could see no loose connections on the unit. He recommended I change out the new digital thermostat I had installed in the...

The gas comes on lights... And 4-6 seconds it turns off. Ruud Silhouette [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Rudd Silhouette model UGDG-07EAUER Serial # CW5O30Z F0194 4182 - The control board appeared burned and the Gas would not come on. I replaced the control board (honeywell) S9201A with a UT Board 62-24084-82 The draft motor comes one, The ignitor glows, The gas comes on and lights... and...

Flame comes on for only 9 seconds then turns off. [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Bryant 376CAV model. The heater will try to come on, it lights for about 9 seconds then goes out. The fans will then run for 90 secs and will shut down. After a while it may do this for a few times and then it will stay off until I turn off the breaker and turn it back on.

D Pumptrol switch turns on and off ever 2 seconds. [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, Maybe someone can help me with this. I have a 40/60 D pumptrol switch that seems to turn on and off ever 2 seconds or so whenever I turn the water on. This problem only started about 3 or 4 days ago. The pressure also seems to flucuate with the clicking of the pump. When the pump...

View more questions Search