Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Joeria Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2012, 04:28 PM
    My stray cat was pregnant ,and now appears not to be.
    My stray cat we have been looking after left last night and now it appears that it is no longer pregnant. It came back today with some wetness on this on his back near its . Were not sure if it had the kittens already or did the water break? She's been here for about four hours now and doesn't seem to be going back to her kittens. Do you think her water broke? Her belly does not seem as full? Let me know. We are worried that the kittens might not be safe.
    palewhite Posts: 20, Reputation: -8

Apr 20, 2012, 05:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeria View Post
    My stray cat we have been looking after left last night and now it appears that it is no longer pregnant. It came back today with some wetness on this on his back near its . Were not sure if it had the kittens already or did the water break? She's been here for about four hours now and doesn't seem to be going back to her kittens. Do you think her water broke? Her belly does not seem as full? Let me know. We are worried that the kittens might not be safe.
    Try looking under her belly. See if it's red. If it's not, she probably had her kittens.
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

Apr 20, 2012, 09:32 PM
    Not sure what a red belly has to do with it, but OK.
    IF she was obviously pregnant, and is now suddenly thinner, then odds are yes, she has had her kittens.
    Mother cats are very secretive about where they keep their young, so she most likely will not "allow" you to follow her to where they are. I would stand back and watch her to see where she goes, but bear in mind if you move her babies she will probably just move them again.
    Therein lies a different problem, by the time they are walking around they will be so unaccustomed to humans that you will have a hard time rounding them up and making pets out of them. Not impossible, but it will take time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Possible Pregnant Stray Cat? [ 1 Answers ]

I just rescued a cat from the woods. It was on a very busy road where she could easily get hit and killed and we're having weather in the mid 20's. She seemed very hungry and came right up to me and followed me to my car. When I got her home I noticed that her breasts were swollen, but no milk came...

Took in stray cat possible kitten/ appears pregnant [ 2 Answers ]

A few weeks ago, I took in a stray cat... She may be a kitten, she's kind of small and very playful. Recently, my fianc'e and I noticed her stomach was getting larger. She appears to be pregnant and she is not very playful she just wants to sleep everywhere around the house. I am not sure if she...

Pregnant stray cat [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, My family has unofficially adopted a stray cat that we named sylvester.. it was born in our neighbourhood and we have been feeding it and petting it since it was just a few months old.. two months ago, she became pregnant.. she had her kittens where she was born in our neighbour's...

My pregnant stray cat [ 3 Answers ]

I found a stray cat that ended up being pregnant. She's getting pretty big now but I still don't know how many kittens she's going to have. Is there any way that I can tell how many she's going to have?

Is this stray cat pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

A few days ago a stray cat started coming around. Today I noticed that she is either pregnant or has recently had kittens. Is there any way to tell which?

View more questions Search