Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JoLem59 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2007, 10:26 AM
    Mobile home repossession
    We owe 2 months payment on our mobile home. We can come up with one of the payments, but the finance company says that they want all the money at one time or they will start repo. One of the payments is only 9 days late, and I can come up with that money at the beginning of the next month. The representatives, for this company, are so nasty. They ask what we do with our money, and pry into our lives. I don't know what else to do.

JoLem59
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 22, 2007, 04:23 PM
    Send them the one months payment. If your other payment is only 9 days late they won't start foreclosure. They may be nasty but they did give you the money and you are the one defaulting. If you loaned money to a stranger and he defaulted you would be mad too.
    MrsMac2003 Posts: 36, Reputation: 2

Nov 17, 2007, 07:45 AM
    I agree that you should send them what you have. Our company tried this with us one time. We were two months behind and the third month was due and we didn't get that one paid on time either. They threatened us with foreclosure, scared us enough that we spent my husband's entire paycheck to get caught up leaving no money for food, gas, or anything else. That just put us into a bigger predicament across the board instead of just with the mortgage company.

I later learned that even though they tell you to send an entire payment at one time instead of piece by piece, if you do sent them a partial payment, it just goes into an escrow account and when there is enough for a full payment, they take it out and apply it to the payment. It is just a minor inconvenience for THEM but it is what it is there for. Besides, they know that if you send a partial payment and they took you to court right then, the judge would look favorably upon you for at least attempting to pay it!

Keep in mind that they are almost always willing to work with you to some extent because the last thing they want is to repossess. Also remember that even though you are sending money, the fact that it is late is going to look bad in your account if you need to refinance with them for whatever reason. Even if you pay within 30 days! A sad fact we are just learning about...

As a disclaimer, I am by no means an expert in financial matters. I just know what I have experienced when dealing with our own mortgage company.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mobile home repossession or foreclosure... [ 6 Answers ]

We currently own a mobile home in a mobile home park in the state of Iowa. We have been trying to sell our home for close to a year now, with no luck. About four months ago, we decided to sell the home to the mobile home park the home is in, for significantly less than what we owe. We purchased...

Mobile Home Repossession [ 6 Answers ]

I am wondering how long it takes to foreclose or reposess a mobile home in Michigan after you have been notified you have 30 days to pay the back monies owed. Do they give you a court date? Thank You

Mobile home repossession and bankruptcy [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I are considering bankruptcy. We have a mobile home that is about to be repossessed. My question is, how will the repossession be handled by bankruptcy? We are not interested in keeping the mobile home but we are looking at filing Chapter 13 so that are debts are repaid.

Notice of repossession of mobile home [ 3 Answers ]

How much time does a lending company have to notify a mobile home owner before taking reposessession of the home, in the state of Virginia.

View more questions Search