Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pamela2721 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2007, 09:55 AM
    Filter reset button for Honeywell Chronotherm IV plus

I just changed the filter in my furnace, how do I reset my thermostat to make the word "filter" stop blinking. I called the service dept. and they told me to find my users manual! I can't find it. HELP!
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2007, 11:17 AM
    From the sticky in E&L Default - Honeywell Environmental And Combustion Controls Love Honeywell tech service. Put your model number in the searchbox.
    saylors Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2007, 08:11 AM
    I have the same problem, but couldn't seem to find the solution in the owner's manual... did I miss it somewhere? Thanks in advance for your help.
    MarkusFilter Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2007, 06:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by pamela2721

I just changed the filter in my furnace, how do I reset my thermostat to make the word "filter" stop blinking. I called the service dept. and they told me to find my users manual!! I can't find it. HELP!
    Filter Help
    dragone Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2007, 03:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pamela2721

I just changed the filter in my furnace, how do I reset my thermostat to make the word "filter" stop blinking. I called the service dept. and they told me to find my users manual!! I can't find it. HELP!
    Did you find the answer?
    dragone Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2007, 04:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkusFilter
    Filter Help
    Did you get the answer? I have the same problem...
    jeffreylancaste Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2008, 08:42 PM
    How do you reset the chronotherm I've plus so that the "filter" stops blinking
    paulk0512 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2008, 09:57 PM
    Ok this is how to reset your filter days.

1. press the 'i' button to see how much days are left (which should be 0 days)

2. press the ▲ button which is next to 'wake' button.

3. press the 'run program' button.

4. you are all set. Good to go. (mine increased to 60 days but yours could be different)

e-mail me if there's a question or a problem @ [email protected]
    artlawrence Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2008, 03:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paulk0512 View Post
    OK THIS IS HOW TO RESET YOUR FILTER DAYS.

1. PRESS THE 'i' BUTTON TO SEE HOW MUCH DAYS ARE LEFT (WHICH SHOULD BE 0 DAYS)

2. PRESS THE ▲ BUTTON WHICH IS NEXT TO 'WAKE' BUTTON.

3. PRESS THE 'RUN PROGRAM' BUTTON.

4. YOU ARE ALL SET. GOOD TO GO. (MINE INCREASED TO 60 DAYS BUT YOURS COULD BE DIFFERENT)

E-MAIL ME IF THERE'S A QUESTION OR A PROBLEM @ [email protected]
    I tried the steps you suggested, but I still have the flashing 'Filter ReplBatt'. What else can I do?
    dleebrick Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2010, 11:30 AM
    Comment on paulk0512's post
    Worked exactly as described. Reset to 90 days.
    dleebrick Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2010, 11:32 AM
    Comment on artlawrence's post
    Worked as advertised for me. Reset to 90 days.
    DTWinters Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2010, 02:45 AM
    Make sure that you are hitting the right up arrow key and not the one the controls the temperature setting. That was the mistake I made at first.
    normana400 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2011, 07:09 AM
    Press and hold the I button until the timer is displayed. Then you are prompted to set the new amount of time for the timer to expire. The days are in cumulative days of the actual fan system running. 30 days is the default.
    Trixied_ Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2011, 11:59 AM
    Thank you so much for answering that question it's been bothering me for 2 months

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Honeywell Chronotherm IV Plus Honeywell Thermostat, T8624D [ 1 Answers ]

Honeywell Deluxe Programmable Multistage Thermostat, #T8624D Chronotherm IV Plus I have 2 of above thermostats and have had for about 5 years. It takes no batteries and is directly connected to a 24 volt source. Have one upstairs and one downstairs. Have noticed at times that the LCD on...

Gas Furnace needs reset button pushed to work [ 1 Answers ]

1983 - Natural Gas - Rheem Furnace Model #RCDA-100C-ER Originally the furnace blower would not come on. I called a technician who pushed a reset button. He mentioned something about the air fuel mixture and that a gust of wind could have tripped the furnace off. Pushing the button worked for...

Reset button keeps needing to be reset [ 2 Answers ]

The reset button on our oil furnace needs to be reset every 10 to 14 days. What can be the problem? We are leaving for the holidays and I'm concerned that we could come home to frozen pipes.

Wiring a Honeywell Chronotherm IV [ 3 Answers ]

What size wiring do you use for a thermostat? I need to move one from an exterior wall to an interior one. Also, any tips on fishing wires through insulation? Bringing it up the wall and over suspended ceiling and down another wall.

Common Wire on Honeywell T8624D Chronotherm [ 1 Answers ]

I'm replacing two White-Rodgers thermostats, one heating and one cooling with a Honeywell T8624D heating/cooling thermostat. I have three wires coming from the cooling thermostat (W, R & G) and 2 wires for heating coming from the transformer located in the wall at the thermostat which are both...

View more questions Search