Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bdaino Posts: 32, Reputation: 5

Apr 19, 2012, 08:03 PM
    A career... figured out in 12 months.
    Hey. I have been having some anxiety and pent up frustration lately, and was wondering if somebody could help me find out some things. I will be seventeen in about a month. I'll be a senior in a handfull of months... I have no clue what to do. I'm writing a book... and I have a band that is working on a C.D./ album, but I don't really have a clue what to do. The book and the band are both make or break situations... and I'm thinking U.S.M.C. if everything goes to hell. Problem is, my best friend has never, ever been wrong about career options before... and with some problems I'm dealign with right now, he says I would make it into the military, but it would crush me. I hope he is wrong, but any speculation on what to do would be greatly appreciated.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 19, 2012, 08:25 PM
    Great thing you don't have to decide and can change your mind many times over the next 30 or 40 years.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 19, 2012, 08:30 PM
    Have you talked with a recruiter? Have you researched the Marines or talked with a Marine Corps vet?
    bdaino Posts: 32, Reputation: 5

Apr 19, 2012, 09:23 PM
    Yes. I have researched a great deal, and I'm working out rigorously so I can get through bootcamp if I need to. Im already memorizing the things I need to know... but to be honest, with my skill set, the only real option I would have with the marines is something along the lines of infantry or support. I can write and make awesome music with my band, (heavy stuff is my thing,) but in the military, that won't get me far. I haven't talked to a recruiter just yet.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 19, 2012, 09:47 PM
    A recruiter just wants to sign you up. You could be in the MC band.

My birthday is the same as the USMC's. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Figured it out now but. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all. New guy here. I was replacing some receptacles in my home today and came across something new. The wiring was 14/3 but I thought nothing of it and just connected red and black to one side (hot) and neutral to the other. All seemed well. Went to reset the breakers (dual pole 15 amp) when...

Probability figured in percentage [ 1 Answers ]

How do you figure out this question? Women make up 23% of the workforce. In a random sample of 392 employees, what is the probability that more than 108 are women. The probability that more than 108 are women is what percentage?

I figured the issue and I don't know what's next. [ 11 Answers ]

Dear helper or therapy, Me (22) and my girlfriend (19) been nearly 7 months together. We have gone through dating almost weekly while we both have jobs over the school and summer. It was all fine until then school started (college), she quit her job because she is going to have a lot of classes...

I think I've got it figured out. [ 130 Answers ]

I'm the one true god. Can you prove me wrong? Would you risk your soul doubting me? If you can't prove me wrong, I'll be setting up a paypal account so you can start sending me 10% of your income. Also to the person who is going to pray to me to win the lottery. I ran some tests and I found...

I Just Figured It Out! Right? [ 20 Answers ]

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relationships/she-wants-space-166149.html That was my story. I have been alone to think about it for days and days (I'm a high school math teacher, it's winter break), and I think I just figured something out. She loved me. I know this to be true. She went...

View more questions Search