Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Explorerfl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2007, 09:39 AM
    Camry won't start
    Bud Martin posted a question that is similar to what I'm experiencing. I have has a 1995 Camry that won't start.

When I turn the key, I notice there are no clicking noises from under the hood. The clock light dims. So does the radio light. The headlights remain steady when I turn them on and attempt to start the car. So do the other lights on the dash.

I put the shifter into neutral but , again, the same symptom. I ohmed out the positive terminal cable and pulled the starter motor and had that checked. They checked out OK. I swapped the starter relay but still no luck. I also bought a new battery and charged it. What else can it be?? Any help appreciated
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2007, 04:55 PM
    So you're saying when you turn the key, the engine is not turning over at all?
    Please state 4 or 6 cyl.
    In the mean time try this, put the shifter in neutral, hold the key to "start" and wiggle the shifter between r&d at the same time. If you hear an attempt to start, you'll need a new neutral safety switch.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Occasional won't start 1995 Camry [ 3 Answers ]

My daughter (college) has a 1995 Camry that occasionally won't start after she stops to get gas. Long stops or starting after long sitting is not a problem. I have asked her to notice if there are any clicking noises from under the hood. She says no. I have asked her to shift the (Automatic trans)...

94 Camry won't start [ 3 Answers ]

Help! My Camry was running fine then I turned it off and now it won't start. Turns over, has brand new battery, there is plenty of juice it just won't start. Acts like there is no gas but there is.

94 camry ECM code no.1 crank no start [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, Check report: According to repair manual, checked ECM code, but read diagnosis code is No.1(means normal). Condition: 1.Battery voltage is above 11v.(done, new battery) 2.The throttle is fully closed.(no done. I did not know how to close it) 3.Transaxle is in Neutral.(done) ...

View more questions Search