Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    drivenaway Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2012, 07:49 PM
    Proximity to seismograph
    My family (myself, wife, three kids) live in a rural area of central California. The USGS recently placed a seismograph on the property adjacent to my own. My property has been in my family for three generations (I inherited it much to the dismay of my other brother, but that's another story).

My wife and I are rather heavy and she is worried we might send a false signal to the seismograph. My question is this: Do we need to tiptoe around the house and yard so as not to disrupt the seismic network?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 19, 2012, 07:52 PM
    No, walking or even driving a car around your yard will have no effect on it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Junction box proximity to water lines [ 3 Answers ]

I've recently begun finishing my basement. In the mechanical room, I have a series of junction boxes about 2' away from my manablock system and will likely have a sewage ejector pump running overhead in the future... I'm not a fan of junction boxes and, of course, never hide them; but I was...

Baseboard Heater & Furniture Proximity [ 1 Answers ]

I'm moving into a (VERY small) apartment and am trying to figure out how to fit my queen sized wooden bed in there. It's a glorified slab of wood with four legs. Anyhow, I was wondering if it would be safe to place it near base board heaters, and how close? The two main walls are mostly covered by...

Proximity of the toilet and main drain [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all - great forem! So I'm putting a bathroom in my unfinished basement, I've excavated the main drain and am planning the placement of a shower, tiolet, and sink. My question is how close can I put my toilet to the main drain. It is about 4 inches below the floor and runs at an angle . ...

Gas line & dryer vent pipe - how close is too close? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm rerouting the gas dryer vent piping so that it will inside the adjoining stud wall. At the top of the wall the vertical exhaust pipe will be within an inch or two of the horizontal running copper gas supply line. Question - is there a minimum distance that the metal dryer exhaust pipe must...

View more questions Search