Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    drivenaway Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2012, 07:25 PM
    Am I liable for the trees?
    I own a landscape architecture business. Approximately 14 months ago, I hired an owner/operator to deliver three mature apple trees to a client, which he did on time and in good condition.

This spring is the first time the trees have blossomed and now the client claims they're the wrong breed and he wants them removed and replaced with the breed of trees he ordered and paid for.

The mistake turns out to be the fault of the owner/operator who gave the nursery incorrect information regarding the trees. Am I liable for the trees, or does the burden of replacing them fall upon the owner/operator?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 19, 2012, 07:40 PM
    If the contact with the home owner was between you and them, you have to make it right to the home owner, but you can go back to the contractor to take care of it. But if they won't, you will have to do it and then use the courts to go after the contractor

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I Liable? [ 4 Answers ]

I lived with a roommate who ordered me and my boyfriend around like he owned us expecting us to clean the house pay for his personal bills as well as household materials and utilities as well as the rent. When I moved in the agreement was half of everything within 6 weeks of living here our...

What am I liable for [ 1 Answers ]

Greetings, I signed a lease in Dallas and lost my job three months later and moved out. No the company is trying to get more than the original 12 month lease value from me. At the time of the lease they verbally said if I lost my job I could break the lease. When I lost my job I notified the...

I'm I really liable? What to do? [ 1 Answers ]

Had a accident going back a couple of weeks ago. I was driving past a lay-by when the 3rd party opened his rear right hand door into my car, took of my left hand wing mirror and dented my car. The insurance company have decided I am liable. I am through Post Office insurance as 3rd party fire...

Who's liable? [ 1 Answers ]

Am I liable for my wife's debts if my name is not on her accounts? Sorry this has probably been asked many times

Just how liable are we? [ 2 Answers ]

Back in October, we moved into a home that we thought we would be able to buy by April, but things of course, didn't work out. All we had with the owner was a purchase agreement contingent on the sale of the house in Baltimore and acquisition of adequate funds from the sale for a down payment. ...

View more questions Search