Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maxmurray Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2012, 04:52 PM
    How can I help a girl get over her ex?
    The girl I am going to prom with is still stuck on her ex. This is problematic because I would like to be more than just a prom date.
    Her ex crushed her. They dated for over 2 years work, then he broke it off just two days after saying he loved her. And the day he dumped her he started flirting with one of her co-workers and is now dating that co-worker.

My prom date is beyond confused. Her ex lead her on said he loved her said he wanted to spend the rest of his life with her, then suddenly nothing. She is really stuck on him even though countless people have said that usually you deserve better, he's not good enough for you etc. Please help. Idk what to do.
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2012, 05:28 PM
    Dude, you, and him, and her are all in high school. You will not (statistically speaking) spend the rest of your life with anyone from school. As for her, you go to prom as you have promised, then back off after prom until he's out of her system. Right now, you are just the guy she's stringing along until she realizes he's not coming back. She can't respect that, so after prom leave for awhile then in a few months see what the status is.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 21, 2012, 06:46 PM
    You cannot help her so just be a good prom date and have fun, and don't expect much from a heart broken girl. Time heals, you cannot. She needs a friend, not a guy to replace an ex.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Boy meets girl, girl has boyfriend. Girl cheats with Boy then Girl breaks up with boyfriend. Lost? [ 2 Answers ]

I met this girl last May after I had gone through a bad breakup myself, but I knew I wasn't ready and even though every fibre of my being wanted to be with her I restrained myself. She is a lovely soul upbeat and we had so much in common: cheesy, smart, good senses of humor, open hearted, etc We...

View more questions Search