Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kwerty123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2012, 04:30 PM
    I know what went wrong, do I still have a hope in hell?
    So I've been seeing this girl for about 7 months, things moved lightning fast, I think faster then we were both comfortable with... Due to some financial trouble that I had just after christmas and some legal issues I was having with my former landlord we talked about moving in together. A month later I was totally moved in, things were going beyond amazingly well. We did have some issues sexually after a couple of months but we talked and worked through everything that we thought was a problem. I know where I went wrong with this girl, I got comfortable way too fast... now she needs her space, OK, I get that. After thinking about it I'm feeling the same way. The house is small and there is almost no escape. I felt this was going to be an issue with her from day one, she is unbelievably independent, lived alone with nothing but her 8 year old son and her younger sister for support and no real financial support other then a crap paying job at a day car.

We're both feeling overwhelmed with everything. And last night she asked me to find an apartment and be out by the end of the month. I objected for obvious reasons, my feelings are beyond hurt. I didn't know how to feel about it. I started wondering if another man came into the scenario, I'm never going to get a straight answer about that. Like I said I know where I went wrong, moving too fast and getting to comfortable has got her freaked out. I know that we've only been together a short while, I know that taking a break could potentially put everything into perspective for the both of us. My biggest fear is that we inevitably officially break up and the 7 months and all the strong feelings that I've developed for her got to waste.

This girl is totally worth fighting for but recently I've been feeling like I'm fighting a losing battle, caught between just giving up entirely and digging in and manning the trenches.
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2012, 05:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kwerty123 View Post

We're both feeling overwhelmed with everything. and last night she asked me to find an appartment and be out by the end of the month. I objected for obvious reasons,
    I missed the obvious reasons? You said yourself, she's independent, she has a child, and you've only been together for 7 months. Give her some room and do what she's asked. You are the one coming off as pushy, and even a little desperate. That's not attractive to her and not what she wants around the house.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 21, 2012, 06:33 AM
    She may be worth fighting for, but is that what SHE wants? You never said what you are doing now with her but you do say she isn't letting you get close again. It was fun while it lasted, but I don't think she wants what you want any more, so fighting for her is not what I suspect you are doing, spinning your wheels for nothing is more likely.

If that's the case, leave her alone as she has a life she needs to lead without you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What the hell? [ 7 Answers ]

Mmk. I already know I need to get rid of my boyfriend. He is my first boyfriend so tell me how to dump him without making him cry... ;)

What the hell do I keep doing wrong [ 2 Answers ]

I’m 17 and I have just left school probably the worst decision in my life because I get so depressed by it but it seem now I have a disposable income I can only go out at week end how every I can seem to always meet a girl then for a week have the best time ever then it all seems to go Pete Tong...

View more questions Search