Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Funnytime4 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2012, 02:24 PM
    I'm in love with a girl who isn't over her Ex
    So me and her have had quite the relationship, when we first became friends we started to like each other, so we tried dating but it didn't work because she " couldn't" like me as much as I liked her. That's when I learned that she was still in love with her Ex ( who was " her first love"), their relationship ended complicated, no one was really the bad guy, it just ended. Then 2 months after they broke up he got a new GF and she feels replaced, this all happened about 5 months before me and her meet.

Well after I comforted her a lot for about a month while she tried to get over him, I started to get depressed because I was falling more and more in love with her and I knew that she didn't like me, so we got in some fights and our friendship died, we stopped talking for about a month, I struggled to get over her because I'm a very sensitive guy and she was my first big crush. But I started to make some big progress and was starting to get over this girl, that's when she came running back.

We started texting all night and hanging out A LOT. Then we started get closer, and we even started cuddling more and more. We never cuddled before ( even when she thought she liked me) so I was pretty confused. But I had the mind set " she left me once so if she wants me she's going to have to come get me" so I made her make all the moves, she started all the texts, she called first. Then I started to fall in love with her, for about a month and a half we were always cuddling and I couldn't stop thinking about her, her eyes, her smile, the way it felt to hold her hand.. Etc. But I was being cautious..

Seeing how we ended pretty bad last time. That's when we had our first kiss, I can still remember it, holding her, the taste of her skin. That's when I finally decided that maybe she's over that Ex and that's why she likes me now because before he was stopping her. Then about 2 weeks after we kissed she started crying, she explained how she hates her life because she can't get over her Ex, she wants to, she wants me, but her heart won't let her.

Now I don't know what to do! I love her but I can't just sit here and wait around anymore. If she still loves her Ex why did we do all that cuddling, why did we kiss! I always told myself when she stopped I would but I don't know if I can now... What do I do! Girls... Do you know what she's thinking? Is she playing me, using me? Help please
    none12345 Posts: 1,439, Reputation: 234
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2012, 02:49 PM
    I doubt whether she really likes you, to me it sounds like she is replacing her ex with you. Its best not to get involved with people who are not over their ex and I question whether when she is, if she ll still like you. Its time to disconnect all ties and move on with your life.
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2012, 05:49 PM
    You are her doormat to dump all her problems on. Move along.
    bdaino Posts: 32, Reputation: 5

Apr 19, 2012, 07:49 PM
    Honestly, I hate to say it, but it looks like she is trying to use you to fill a void. She wants you to be the instrument... the drug/music/whatever the person needs to fill that space in their life. She wants you to be able to be the person she loves... but her heart is elsewhere. My advice? Give it time. She will either drop you and go for the other guy still, or she will work through it, in which case I would advise going for it. Either way, you need to recognize what part of her is willing ot accept you, and what part is just using you. Love is hard to read sometimes.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 20, 2012, 10:04 AM
    She thinks by hooking up with you she can get over the ex. She is wrong.That never works. She was hurt and trying to feel better, but you have ended up being her emotional tampon, and your hopes are false for romance. Leave her alone to heaal, and rebuild because honestly that's what you need too.

Continue down this path with each other is asking for even more misery than you have now.
    Uponthedownside Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2012, 07:35 AM
    Wow, I came on here cause I'm in a very similar situation! I've just posted my situation titled (I'm in love with a girl that is in love with her ex!) Ha, that's how similar it is!

Jeez, it's a toughie mate as you have had some physical contact with this girl as I haven't got to that stage! I really don't want to say the wrong thing to you as I don't think it's as clear as a right or wrong answer scenario! Every individual is different. But one thing I do know is how hard it is to walk away! Like you, I did it once before, but a year or so later I was drawn back to her!

I guess the truth is, that in time she will either get back with her ex? Or she will get over him however, I know from experience that this can take a long time. Maybe a year to 18 months or more! Realistically there is no way we can wait around for that time as the emotional support! It's just not healthy! So you could come to the conclusion that it's just a right place wrong time situation?

I don't doubt that she wants to be over her ex and be with you, but it's just not as simple as that! I think that when the day finally comes when she is completely over him and ready to move on, she will be sure to shed a tear or two if your not around! :(

Life's a struggle man! It's just about the most bittersweet thing that many of us we'll ever experience! I can only wish you lots of luck and happiness for the future (whatever happens) and hope that someday all will make more sense!

Sorry I can't be of more help to you, as I said I am in a similar position! But do keep me posted on any developments as I will with mine!

Cheers,
    S x

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Confused girl falls in love with another girl. What now? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Lately, I've noticed that I felt attracted to another girl. I'm 16 and so is she. I know she is bisexual, and that she already had an girlfriend. I'm not gay, or bi, or straight. I'm confused. We are not close, but we have great chemistry. We see each other like once a week, and every time...

I love a girl, I found some one is also loving her. I haven't told my love to her, [ 5 Answers ]

I love a girl, I found some one is also loving her. I haven't told my love to her, but he does. One day I saw she scolding him, at that time I was happy. BUT TODAY I FOUND THAT the are talking something secretly, what should I do.

I'm in love with this girl who may love me back? [ 2 Answers ]

Even though I'm only 14, I truly believe I'm in love with her. I don't know of she loves me back though. I've gotten a lot of false hope. I've helped her through things and get through a breakup and we've even joked about how cute our kids would be if we were to have some. We used to text all the...

I love so much, one girl. [ 20 Answers ]

I love one girl so much. I sent more "love you" in her mobile, but she doesn't reply to my message. But 3,4 months after she told me "the love is I dont know but you are my best friend, and friendship. I like you ". After that I also sent more "I love you" she doesn't reply. But I love her so much,...

Girl ghost movie: a guy meets a beautiful girl and falls in love with her [ 1 Answers ]

He takes to her home and looks for her the next day, only to find out that she died years ago, he visits her tomb and finds something she was wearing when they met. PLEASE what is the name of the movie?

View more questions Search