Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2007, 08:22 AM
    Ranger-4 Wheel Drive
    I have a 2001 Ford Ranger. To engage 4 wheel drive I am suppose to put in nuetral, apply brake and turn selecto to 4 wheel high or 4 wheel low and the light in dadh will light and it will engage. However, when I do this, the light does not come on and it never engages. What could be the problem? How do I check and fix the problem? Thanks for any help.

Check out some similar questions!

Drifting with a front wheel drive car [ 21 Answers ]

Hi everyone... I drive a 93' toyota great corolla. I'm wondering, is it possible to drift using a front wheel drive car like mine? If it is, can anyone tell me how to do it... Thanks for your answers...

Ford Ranger [ 1 Answers ]

2001 Ranger. I found dangling down from left side rear a hose with a cilp. It was attached to the axle housing. What is it for and where does it go. It just appears to be some type of air hose but is not attached to anything at other end. Should I be concerned? Thanks

Four wheel drive motor [ 1 Answers ]

My local Ford dealership told me that my battery keeps going dead because the "four wheel drive motor has burned out and keeps draining the battery. The repair $600.00? Before they replaced the battery they told me it was fine then they say it has a bad cell. Sound right to you?

1999 Toyota Tocoma 4 wheel drive [ 1 Answers ]

When it gets cold outside I have trouble getting the truck to go forward until it warms up a long time. I can back up fine I just can't go forward. If I try to go forward (give it gas) my back tires will spin but the truck won't move. This is in regular drive position, not 4-wheel. After it warms...

Tilt-wheel steering wheel problem [ 1 Answers ]

On my 1998 Buick Park Ave the tilt-wheel will no longer change positions. A couple of days ago I got in the car, adjusted the steering wheel and heard something Pop. Since then, the steering wheel will only stay in that position. Does anyone know how I might go about fixing this problem? ...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.