Ask
    Marceline Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2012, 10:59 PM
    Can you get pregnant with mirena
    Can u get pregnant with mirena
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 18, 2012, 11:07 PM
    Since there is no form of birth control that is 100% effective, yes, it is possible to get pregnant with the mirena.

Apr 18, 2012, 11:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Since there is no form of birth control that is 100% effective, yes, it is possible to get pregnant with the mirena.
    :O omg I am so die and I used condoms but the condom broke my boyfriend cam inside me
    Expert

Apr 18, 2012, 11:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Marceline View Post
    omg i am so die
    ??

Have you taken a pregnancy test yet? If you have the mirena and you ARE pregnant it is important you got to your OB/GYNs office as soon as possible.

Apr 18, 2012, 11:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    ?????

Have you taken a pregnancy test yet? If you have the mirena and you ARE pregnant it is important you got to your OB/GYNs office as soon as possible.
    Not yet and I want taken a pregnancy test and but my mom told me I can get pregnant if I don't used condoms and but I did used condoms but it broke on me and it broke inside of me

Apr 19, 2012, 12:12 AM
    so my mom told me is right?
    Expert

Apr 19, 2012, 12:22 AM
    It's possible to get pregnant, but your chances are slimmer than if you did not have the mirena.

When you take the test be sure to use first morning urine.
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2012, 07:49 AM
    As J-9 said, there is always a slim possibility of becoming pregnant on any form of birth control, but before you start freaking out, test first. Mirena makes it incredibly difficult to become pregnant. Many times, even if the egg is fertilized, it is unable to implant. That doesn't mean impossible, it just means improbable. I have been on Mirena for over 3 years and have only used condoms while on antibiotics and have not become pregnant. I'd say that while you should try to prevent this from happening in the future, you are probably safe this time around. Might I suggest condoms with spermicide.

Also, what J-( said is very important. If you get a positive test, go to your doctor immediately. It could be dangerous for you and the baby to continue a pregnancy with Mirena in place.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mirena can you get pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

Can you get pregrent on the merina

Am I pregnant with the Mirena? [ 1 Answers ]

I have had the Mirena for almost two years will be in April.. I haven't had a period in a year it went away completely I had unprotected sex two weeks ago today and for the past week I have been so sick to my stomach, been throwing up just about every morning and craving weird things but losing...

Could I be pregnant on mirena [ 1 Answers ]

I had a baby January of 2009 and in march 2009 I had the mirena put in. I have been having cramps for a long time but no period. But yesterday I started bleeding and it's been a little lumpy and I'm still cramping could I be pregnant?

I have the Mirena and think I am pregnant [ 4 Answers ]

Well I got the Mirena last year on in June.I have had my period for like 2 days every month. Some months I have 2 periods a month,but I have got bigger in the last two or three months.Sometimes I feel like there is a baby in there kicking.Someone please tell me that I am crazy

I have mirena.but I think I'm pregnant! [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I am a mother of four.I had the minera put in me in July 2nd 2008.I had a 5 day period in that month.now I didn't have a period till nov. and its flow is light and brown and I do feel like I have pregnant systoms, such as spoting light brown, cravings, belly harding and getting bigger, sore...

View more questions Search