Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Emily89473 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2012, 03:19 PM
    I'm 14 and I think there is something wrong with me.
    Hi my name is Emily and I think that something is wrong with me. I can't sleep, I feel like some one is watching me, I get headaches, and I sometimes wish I were dead, I did things I'm not proud of because I sh that, and I'm vary stressed out. Please some one HELP ME!!
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Apr 18, 2012, 03:27 PM
    For anyone to gain an understanding of what might be going on with you, and why, in order to offer advice, it is important that you give more information.

You have described the symptoms, but, what has led to, or caused the symptoms, is information that would be very helpful.

Apr 18, 2012, 04:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake2008 View Post
    For anyone to gain an understanding of what might be going on with you, and why, in order to offer advice, it is important that you give more information.

You have described the symptoms, but, what has led to, or caused the symtoms, is information that would be very helpful.
    I don't know what caused them
    And I don't know what would.
    Emotional Health Expert

Apr 18, 2012, 04:21 PM
    When you said, "I did things I'm not proud of", likely has something to do with this.

What did you mean by that.

Apr 18, 2012, 04:36 PM
    I cut myself with a razor.
    :(
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 18, 2012, 04:43 PM
    Emily, tell us about family, friends, school, what you think about when you can't sleep? And when this started?
    Emotional Health Expert

Apr 18, 2012, 04:47 PM
    OK. Thanks for saying that Emily.

There are many who cut themselves at your age, and although it may seem like a good idea to stop the pain on the inside, it is only temporary, at best.

Tension, anxiety, stress, is a cocktail for disaster, unless you see the importance of having these overwhelming feelings understood. There may be a single cause, there may be no one thing that is causing this, The important thing is, your emotions and behaviour are not understood, or managed by you.

That is the hard part. How do you manage and control that which is out of control.

The first thing to think about doing, is telling your mother or father. This could come as a big surprise to them, and they need to help you. Legally they are responsible for you, although more likely, it is love that will step in, and you will be supported.

They are your first line for help.

Let's stop there for now. When do you think that you should do this.

Apr 18, 2012, 04:52 PM
    Family I hate them and don't want to talk to then
    Friends do drugs or cut or anger issues or all of the above
    School I have 3 E's and I don't care
    I can sleep any time in school or right after and not because it is boring I like some classes and teachers but don't care about my grades at all
    And I can't sleep...
    After about now
    (7:52)

Apr 18, 2012, 04:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake2008 View Post
    ok. Thanks for saying that Emily.

There are many who cut themselves at your age, and although it may seem like a good idea to stop the pain on the inside, it is only temporary, at best.

Tension, anxiety, stress, is a cocktail for disaster, unless you see the importance of having these overwhelming feelings understood. There may be a single cause, there may be no one thing that is causing this, The important thing is, your emotions and behaviour are not understood, or managed by you.

That is the hard part. How do you manage and control that which is out of control.

The first thing to think about doing, is telling your mother or father. This could come as a big surprise to them, and they need to help you. Legally they are responsible for you, although more likely, it is love that will step in, and you will be supported.

They are your first line for help.

Let's stop there for now. When do you think that you should do this.
    Never I can't talk to my parents I hate them they would just yell at me
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2012, 05:19 PM
    How about talking to one of the teachers that you like? Letting an adult that you trust know about what you are feeling can help you get started on figuring out what is causing you to feel so stressed and then have some help with sorting it out.

Apr 18, 2012, 05:23 PM
    Teachers have to tell some one if they feel that some one is in danger
    All of my friends know
    Emotional Health Expert

Apr 18, 2012, 05:26 PM
    It is important then that you seek another adult out, that you can trust. Maybe a teacher, or an Aunt, or a friends mother. Some adult that will listen, and be able to help you.

What will happen when you take the initiative to make that first step, is that the path becomes one of hope. You will feel so much better when you are guided along as to what needs to be done, and what help can be made available to you.

There is no easy way to take that step. You just have to take it Emily.

There is nowhere to go but up. There are very, very good counsellors who are experienced with teens in trouble with cutting. What they will teach you is how to understand why you cut, what the triggers are, how to think differently, and how to manage your emotions.

When you learn that YOU can change, and so too your control over your life, you will eventually look back and wish you had done this sooner. While you suffer with this now, I know how hard it is to see anything positive, but I guarantee you that just beyond where you are now, is a good place, and a better place.

I have been in the 'helping' business many, many years, and I can honestly say that any person, regardless of their age or circumstances, who can muster up the courage to seek help, is already on the road to healing. Many of us jump through firehoops for people just like you- and why? Because you have stepped out of your own shadow, and you are willing to open up to learning and changing.

All you have to do is put the 'wanting help' part with the 'getting help' part. Learn what you need to know, in order to turn this all around.

It isn't impossible, and it is not beyond your reach to do so. You can do this Emily.

As much as you can be encouraged here, and supporte, when you do decide to take that step to begin to get help, we will be there to help you work through all that you will face in getting better. But, some problems need face to face, direct help, and I feel that that is what you need.

Please, seek out a trusted adult, and start with what you have said here.
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2012, 05:27 PM
    Well, isn't that the point? To tell someone so that you can get some help. It's not something you can sort out on your own. Your friends seem to have their own problems and are not going to be of much help to you. So why not speak to someone you trust and tell them what you have said here? You do want help, right? You do want to stop feeling like you do, right? You want to feel good, happy, and healthy, right? Take that step so that you can feel better.

Apr 18, 2012, 05:47 PM
    The only person I trust is my brothers girl friend she knows she's been there and she is 19 almost 20
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2012, 06:10 PM
    She's been there, but has she gotten better? Did she get help for herself? If so, then she could be someone to talk to. If she is still having trouble herself, then she may not be in a very good position to help you.

You decide. The help is available to you, but you have to be the one to speak up and ask for it. Even if you end up having to speak to a few people, don't give up on it. You are too important.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wrong person or wrong time? [ 2 Answers ]

I was in a relationship with a guy that was perfect in every way; not just on a paper way, but in an ideals on life, type of person way. If anyone would ever ask me what I wanted in a guy, I would describe him in every way. We'd been seeing each other for a year, most weekends, met each others...

Explain what is wrong and why it is wrong: [ 2 Answers ]

The UN declared that the world's six-billionth inhabitant was born on 10-12-1999 in Bosnia. Don't discuss what is not said. Discuss what is said.

Baby Mama Drama & Was I Wrong, & Was My Boyfriend Wrong? [ 31 Answers ]

3 threads merged and edited baby mama drama, all messed up! Ok, Me and my boyfriend started going together on August 1st 2007, on September 27th 2007 the girl he dealt with before we got together called him and told him she was pregnant and that the baby might be his but she didn't know if...

I need some one to tell me what's wrong and if any thing is wrong [ 12 Answers ]

My Partner And Me Have Been Having Sex For A Year Already But For 3 Months He Has Done It With Out A Condom And I Have Not Gotten Pregnant And We Really Want To Be Parents. What Is Wrong?:(

Wrong place at wrong time [ 11 Answers ]

Hello all Would like you r insight for my sister and her husband. They were recently arrested for murder in the 1st degree and conspiracy to commit robbery. They both claim that they were not going to rob the guy whom was an ex roommate but ask him for the money they felt he owed them when a friend...

View more questions Search