Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    drivenaway Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2012, 12:52 PM
    Employer slander
    I work part-time as a school bus driver. My dispatcher frequently brings in subs because we are short of drivers. I'm one of the more reliable and versatile drivers and my job evals reflect that.

When the dispatcher learned that I had applied for a full-time position in the district warehouse, he said to me, "I'll have to tell [the purchasing manager] that you're a flake". I passed the warehouse written exam and interview but came in
    8th on the eligibility list. When I told my dispatcher the news he said, "That's too bad, but it's good for us".

Is it illegal for him to defame me to prevent me from being hired somewhere else? What recourse do I have?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 18, 2012, 01:08 PM
    You would have to prove; #1 you are not a flake #2 the dispatcher knew you were not a flake #3 that the dispatcher actually said this to the School District manager #4 this comment caused your eligibility to drop. BTW you can pass an examine but you don't pass an interview. The person doing the interview makes an assessment of you based on your answers and fit for their position. How do you know that your answers did not cause your low eligibility?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Former employer slander- [ 3 Answers ]

I worked for the same attorney from 95-.97 and then 99-2010. In December 2009, I underwent a 3 level cervical fusion with plate, screws, cadaver bone, etc. Just 8 days out of the hospital I got bombarded with emails about paperwork backing up, etc. and then I was terminated. I've had to change my...

Suing employer for slander [ 10 Answers ]

I am the food manager at my current job and the general store manager threatened my employee with her job to sign a document stating that the store assistant manager and I are having an affair. She threatens me with this evidence everyday. Now my employee also told me she is trying to find out...

Employer slander [ 2 Answers ]

I am a full time college student, holding down two part-time jobs in the state of Georgia. One employer (owner of a small business) yelled at me and accused me of stealing and said she had it on video. She called the police and after the police came and reviewed the video tape. They told her, there...

Employer Slander in MD [ 2 Answers ]

I am currently working for an optical chain as an optometrist. In the first few months of working for the company I decided, this wasn't the best mode of practice for me and decided to leave; or so I thought. I have applied to several different optical chains. In one case, I interviewed and a job...

Can I sue a former employer for slander? [ 5 Answers ]

My former employer has been contacting current and former employees which were my co-workers and forcing them to remove their personal recommendations for me on linkedin. The empoyer is stating that by recommending me the employees are violating some company policy - which I never heard of. They...

View more questions Search