Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Enna17 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2012, 04:00 PM
    How can I forgive myself after cheating on school?
    So, I had a week to submit a paper that I had to write on the Biafran-Nigerian civil war, and I spent the week following the schedule that I'd made. When it came to Monday (the day the paper was due) I looked at it and realized that it was junk. Worthless. And I didn't have time to re-write it... so I pieced together some of the articles that I had gotten my information from and gave that to my writing instructor. When it got to the lesson I started feeling dizzy and sick to my stomach about the whole thing and so I admitted the truth (even the she didn't ask about it at all). Now she is ashamed of me, my family is ashamed of me, and I am dead-shamed of myself and I feel like a failure. None of my siblings have ever cheated on anything and neither had I and now I don't think my family will ever trust me again. I feel disgusting and I just about hate myself. I've been told by a friend that it's not the end of the world... but to be honest I wish it were.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 17, 2012, 04:35 PM
    I though piecing together information you look up is writing a paper,?

You are making way too much out of a minor issue.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Apr 17, 2012, 04:45 PM
    It sounds as though you took pieces from the articles word for word and turned them in as your own. You owned up to it, which is more than most people would do. That took courage and you showed that you were willing to take responsibility for your actions, even knowing it would cause upset. Yes, now some people are disappointed, and you are as well, but you have learned a valuable lesson from it too. They will move passed it, as will you.

All you can do now is apologize for your mistake in judgement and make the decision that it won't happen again. For any future papers, start on them sooner so that you have time along the way, or at the end, to revise if you feel the need to.

People make mistakes, learning from them changes them into lessons.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I forgive my boyfriend after cheating on me? [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been together for a little over a year and a half. Ever since we first started dating I kind of had a hunch that he was cheating on me, so I asked him multiple times and he said no. I had finally started to believe him until one weekend last December, we both got drunk and...

Do I Forgive Blackout Cheating? [ 3 Answers ]

Last Friday night, my partner went out with his friend Alice. They had drinks and got drunk. I am a male and my partner is a male as well! They got really drunk and at the bar, Alice met a guy and he wanted to take her home. My Partner was with them so he went over too. They all did a line of...

I can't forgive my boyfriend for cheating what do I do [ 8 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend have been together broke up and got together again. It was a long distance relationship and he's on house arrest. I caught him cheating and he lied about it told her he loved her and was going to be with her but did come home to me. I found out he seen her 6 days before he came...

Can a woman forgive her cheating spouse [ 4 Answers ]

We were going through some problems. I actually found out myself from doing research from a roomer that was going around in town.when I confirmed my research he told me he was afraid to tell me. The woman not only has one child but two that is suspected to be his.his family was involved as well,...

Is it cheating? Should I forgive him? [ 6 Answers ]

OK so I've been in a relationship with my boyfriend for about 6 months. I know it doesn't sound like a long time but we were best friends, told each other everything, we were both head over heals for each other (considering he definitely had to fight for a while to get me), and we had what I...

View more questions Search