Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dnnschilling Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2012, 08:08 AM
    HIPAA violation for employee
    I have medical billing employees who often have their school aged children in their areas awaiting pick up by another family member. Is this a HIPAA violation?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 17, 2012, 08:13 AM
    Why should it be.
    Are they discussing medical cases?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 17, 2012, 09:01 AM
    As long as the kids are not reading the files or as long as there is no discussion of patients medical conditions outloud.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 17, 2012, 09:03 AM
    Please don't shoot me for sounding flippant, but I often wonder about the people I see in a medical office waiting room, people I know. Should they issue HIPAA bags to put over our heads?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HIPAA Violation & Rights of an employee [ 2 Answers ]

I recently was terminated from a job after I filed a complaint to HR regarding my supervisors actions. After giving birth to my son and a year of followed ups & downs including a divorce, I suffered from complicated migraines, anxiety attacks and a mild case of depression. Through this time and to...

Is it a HIPAA violation to talk about another employee? [ 1 Answers ]

Is it a violation for a supervisor to tell other employees why another employee is being investigated

Is it a hipaa violation if I, the employee, called a patient for personal reasons? [ 4 Answers ]

I am a front desk receptionist for a dental office. A patient came in, was very friendly, flirty, etc. The next day I got his phone number and sent him a tex message. In the tex, I told him who I was, and that if he was SINGLE and interested then he could call me. We don't have an office policy...

Is it a Hipaa violation for a pharmacy employee to get customer's phone number? [ 5 Answers ]

I would like to know if it is a Hipaa violation if a pharmacy employee wants to befriend a customer who seems down and out and gets their phone number off the pharmacy computer and calls them at home to invite them to a social during the Christmas season. This actually happened in North Carolina. ...

Hipaa violation through employee commication [ 1 Answers ]

Would it be considered a hipaa violation when coworkers share information pertaining to an abuse/neglect case investigation envolving mentally challenged adults. the info shared was between full time employees and ex terminated employees, info shared was the name of the employee under investigation...

View more questions Search