Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cgodwin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2007, 04:17 AM
    Signing over rights
    I have someone that wants to sign her baby over to me. Does that mean a Home Study has to be done? Or can paper work just be signed? :confused:
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 22, 2007, 07:48 AM
    You NEED to get an adoption lawyer to handle this.
    don8 Posts: 75, Reputation: 16

Feb 22, 2007, 11:18 AM
    My sister's step daughter gave her baby to them and they just got the paper work done. I agree with ScottGem though you should get an attorney. You will probably need to ask an attorney for how it would go in the state you are in.
    cgodwin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2007, 06:01 PM
    Thank you both for your help! We will get an adoption lawyer.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2007, 06:42 PM
    You'd have to go through the usual procedures that any adoptive parent does. That involves some scrutiny but not a lot.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Signing over rights [ 7 Answers ]

My boyfriend has a child from this girl, she has put him on child support But now he's considering signing over his paternal rights. He has recently stopped working and can no longer pay child support. If he signs over his rights will he still be obligated to pay for child support or any back...

Signing over rights what can we do [ 13 Answers ]

My husband is being served with child support papers and he hasn't seen the child since he was born because she ran him off and told him to leave and not come back now she is wanting child support we are wondering if there is anyway he can just give up all his rights and that be the end of it...

Signing over parental rights [ 8 Answers ]

OK well My Boyfriend has a daughter with this women, he pays support but she will not allow him to see his daughter she leaves him nasty messages saying she's better off without him. Well this women called him and asked him if he would sign over his rights to her husband because she wants to move...

Signing over rights [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend signed over his rights last December and his ex's new husband adopted the little girl. He still had to pay child support, which the state of AZ took out of his paychecks, all the way up until a few months ago. His work finally received letters stating that the child support was...

Signing off Parental Rights [ 3 Answers ]

What are the legal details and steps in signing off parental rights? I had a sexual relationship with a woman and she got pregnant. There is nothing more to the relationship, but she wants to make it a relationship. I don't. She has had abortions before and I am in no way pressuring her to do so....

View more questions Search