Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    durban1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2012, 04:27 AM
    3 phase transformer markings
    Can you point me to a chart with various commercial (3 phase) transformer configurations and the colors the wires should be marked with?
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2012, 06:01 AM
    Wires are often marked red, blue, green but variations like brown, yellow and black are also used
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Apr 17, 2012, 06:05 AM
    Best place to find wiring diagrams is a manufacturers website or catalog, such as:

Acme Electric

Color code will be according to the electrical standard, such as NEC in USA, that covers your area.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the primary amprage of a 15 kva 480 volt 3 phase transformer? [ 1 Answers ]

What is the primary amprage of a 3 phase 15 KVA 480 volt transformer

Do I need a power transformer 600 volt to 400 volt 3 phase? [ 1 Answers ]

I just bought a used Italian printing machine. Manufacturer says 400 volt monophase. Electric drawing shows all power takeoffs are phase to neutral at 230 Volt. Existing plug on machine reads 250 volt 3 phase 20 amp. This was working in Ontario Canada. How do we wire this machine up?

Hooking up a single phase transformer. [ 1 Answers ]

Hooking up a single phase transformer. Primary will be 480v 4 wires H1-H4. Secondary I need just 110v out of 4 wires X1-X4. Do I hook H1 to one leg and h4 to the other with H2 and H3 together. Then on the secondary side X1 and X4 will be 120 volts each with X2 and X3 jumpered together to be the...

Q: what is the difference b/w singlr phase and 3 phase transformer? [ 2 Answers ]

Q: what is the difference b/w singlr phase and 3 phase transformer?

Single phase transformer [ 1 Answers ]

How much does a copper coil weigh in a single phase transformer?

View more questions Search