Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    justinmeyers45 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2012, 07:49 PM
    0% finance
    Many car companies are offering zero percent financing for 48 months on their automobiles. Assume that it cost the car companies 6%/year to borrow the funds for this type of financing to offer customers, how much is the cost in present value terms this type of promotion on a $24,000 automobile?
    mfaziee Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2012, 08:51 PM
    Your question is really unclear... however I tried and;I worked it out using my financial calculator and I got
    $ 23300.97
    ArcSine Posts: 969, Reputation: 106

Apr 17, 2012, 03:51 AM
    The car company is swapping a $24,000 car for a stream of 48 level payments. Thus the cost to the company of offering this promotion is the amount by which 24,000 exceeds the present value of this set of cash flows.

Back to you, Justin; check back in if you need more guidance, but you'll need to show some attempt at tackling the problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Finance Homework corporate finance [ 0 Answers ]

The Everly Equipment Company purchased a machine 5 years ago at a cost of $100,000. The machine had an expected life of 10 years at the time of purchase, and it is being depreciated by the straight-line method by $10,000 per year. If the machine is not replaced, it can be sold for $10,000 at the...

Need finance help [ 0 Answers ]

A project will produce sales of $500 in one month. Sales are projected to grow by 0.5% each subsequent month until the project ends after 60 months. Costs are $200 per month. The project requires the purchase of a machine that costs $12,000 which depreciates to zero over 8 years. You think the...

Finance [ 0 Answers ]

Problem 9-13. Constant growth You are considering an investment in Keller Corps stock, which is expected to pay a dividend of $2.75 a share at the end of the year (D1 = $2.75) has a beta of 0.9. The risk-free rate is 4.3%, and the market risk premium is 4.0%. Keller currently sells for $38.00 a...

View more questions Search