Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2012, 03:29 PM
    Can my apartment complex do this?
    My apartment complex informed me this morning that there would be an inspection of our apartment. They didn't tell me about it when we signed the lease in November. But they tell me that if we don't pass inspection, we can be kicked out?

Its just a normal every day apartment complex. Its not section 8 or any assistance type housing.

I'm just really confused by this, I've never heard of it before.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 16, 2012, 03:32 PM
    Read your lease. Ask them what they are inspecting for. Have their been any complaints? It is unusual for an apt complex to such inspections unless there have been complaints.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 16, 2012, 04:11 PM
    Yes it is not normal unless there has been complaints. But most leases give them the right to inspect with notice.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 16, 2012, 04:14 PM
    You signed a lease so reread it in detail to see if they are allowed to inspect. Scott's question is great, ask what for and how would failing their inspection set aside your lease. Most leases do allow for the owner or manager to do an inspection but that is usually for maintenance issues.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My apartment complex is being foreclosed on [ 1 Answers ]

I was just told by my rental property maintenance man that he was let go because the complex was being foreclosed on. I went to the rental office, and a closed sign has been taped to the door. The drop box for paying rent is coverd with a wooden board. No one is answering the office phone and...

Duties of the apartment complex [ 8 Answers ]

Someone had broke into my apartment a few weeks ago I approached the apartment complex management and told them and asked them to repair the window which they had come through which was my daughters window and they said it was not their resposibilty is this correct?

Re-wiring an old apartment complex [ 3 Answers ]

A little background before I start asking questions. The building in question is a 4 apartment building, 2 on the first floor and 2 on the second floor. Currently they have 60A service each with the main 60A breaker being on the power companies meter outside with an 8 slot sub panel of sorts for...

Can't an Apartment Complex Do this? [ 1 Answers ]

I am in louisville, KY. I have lived in my apartment for a year and 6 months. I have never been late, never had any problems here. The second year I did sign a year lease because they do not do month to month. I recently put an offer on a house and it was accepted. I gave my apartment complex 41...

Apartment complex problems [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have been living in my apartments for about a year and up until last week things have been fine. I wrote my rent check and gave it to the apartment on the 1st, after viewing my bank statement a couple of days later I noticed I had wrote the checkf or $20 under the needed amount, I...

View more questions Search