Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sugarlips Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2007, 10:59 PM
    I need to know if I am pregnant.
    Hi all. I am a new user. Just wanted to know something that has been bothering me for a long time now. My husband and I have been trying for a baby. Now this month my period is 12 days late. I have taken 2 home pregnancy tests and both showed negative.

I have had sore breasts as well. No specifif tiredness. But if I work a bit harder than usual I get tired more than I used to. I have these cramps in my stomach and for a week or so my body has been feeling a bit wired as well. I feel like I am going to get my period because of the cramps I get in my stomach but it stops very soon.

I am really confused and worried please help me. What do you girls think?

It would be really nice to know if you girls have been through the same thing.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2007, 11:17 PM
    Go to your doctor and get a blood test. Blood test is more accurate. Also book an appointment with your ob.

There are times where the home tests have come out negative even if positive. Just get yourself checked out and then there is no more guessing.

Goodluck

Joe
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2007, 07:27 AM
    As Joe said, a blood test is more accurate then hpts. Also if you get an exam with your ob/gyn, they can check for more defining signs of pregnancy. (an enlarged uterus and the blueish purple tint to the vagina that accompany pregnancy)good luck
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 22, 2007, 07:32 AM
    Um, I think Buggage meant the bluish tint to the cervix not the vagina, so don't get concerned, your vagina won't turn blue, LOL. This blue tint is caused by increased blood supply to your uterus/cervical area during pregnancy.

Also, when are you taking the hpts? First morning urine is best as it contains the highest concentration of pregnancy hormone called hCG. But, yes, they are all correct in suggesting going to the doctor for a blood test. If you do not currently have an OB yet, your regular GP can do a blood test then refer you to a good OB.

Good luck to you!!
    ghost56 Posts: 283, Reputation: 26

Feb 25, 2007, 09:24 AM
    Mild cramping in pregnancy is common, due to ligaments stretching, to make room for the fast growing uterus, but the cramping shouldn't be severe and there should be no bleeding. Take a test using the first urine you pass when you wake up in the morning. Good luck. Here is some ******baby dust****** hope it works for you. :)
    Gullable Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2007, 10:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sugarlips
    Hi all. I am a new user. just wanted to know something that has been bothering me for a long time now. My husband and I have been trying for a baby. Now this month my period is 12 days late. I have taken 2 home pregnancy tests and both showed negative.

I have had sore breasts as well. No specifif tiredness. But if i work a bit harder than usual i get tired more than i used to. I have these cramps in my stomach and for a week or so my body has been feeling a bit wired as well. I feel like i am going to get my period because of the cramps i get in my stomach but it stops very soon.

I am really confused and worried please help me. What do u girls think?

it would be really nice to know if you girls have been through the same thing.
    Some Females there body dosen't show with a home pregency test. I would set up a Dr. Appt. It could be something else going on. I'll say a special prayer for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I cannot get pregnant, please help [ 9 Answers ]

Me and my finace have been togeter for over two years now! I came off the pill about 10 months ago because we decided that now is a good time to have a baby! So we have been trying for 10months but nothing has happened?? As nothing as happened I am getting very worrid that I may never be able to...

Am I pregnant? [ 5 Answers ]

Am I pregnant because when I felt in my virginia I felt a knot around my cervix and I had unprotected sex on December 21 and he had an orgasm so am I pregnant I was on birth control but I missed a shot and I'm not on no more and I feel things moving sometimes and I eat a lot also my stomatch get...

Can I be pregnant? [ 6 Answers ]

I think that I may be pregnant... me and my boyfriend don't use protection and I have been urinating a lot and eating a lot... I also lost a bunch of weight just out of no where... my lower abdomen is hard and seems to be swelling a little bit.. my nipples are swollen and my brests hurt... it also...

Am I pregnant? [ 9 Answers ]

Okay I am on birth control but last month I didn't take them because I had purchased them too late, and I couldn't catch up, so I just waited until this month to start them back up. Well I was supposed to start my period yesterday, but sometimes I start on Wednesday, but not very often at all, I...

Could I be pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I had a miscarriage at 6 weeks. My doctor has checked my hcg levels and it was a for a little over a month ago. I am a few days late and took two pregnancy tests... they were positive. Could it just be my hcg levels making it positive? I had blood work done yesterday. My miscarriage was a...

View more questions Search