Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jacquelynrenee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2012, 06:57 AM
    What is the best route to becoming a Customs Broker?
    I am thinking about getting my Custom's broker license for a family business. I have no idea where to even start and really would like to know the very best route to passing the exam. I am starting from nothing, I have no background in customs or being a broker. I am looking to pass the exam without spending hundreds and hundreds of dollars.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 16, 2012, 07:55 AM
    The cost of the exam (alone) is $200. So you already are required to spend "hundreds" of dollars to even sit the exam.

You obviously need to understand tariffs, rates, import/expert. You need to be insured and bonded - also expensive.

This is not an easy road.

I'm ex-US Customs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Books to study for Customs Broker Exam [ 11 Answers ]

Where can I get books to study at home to become a Customs Broker? I just want to study and prepare for the April test with out paying a fortune for a online 'course'. Can anyone direct me?? Thanks in advance!

Route in Automne [ 1 Answers ]

I have a very old picture let to me by my grandmother. It has Paris Etching Society NY USA in the upper right hand corner. It is titled "Route en Automne - France -" In front of the title is a circle with SZL. There is a signature that looks like Marie Founday. Is there any value besides my...

How does one broker transfer security deposit to another broker [ 1 Answers ]

We are a real estate company that is managing a property for a homeowner. The tenant wants to renew the lease, but, we will not be managing the property anymore. How do we transfer the security deposit to the new property management company? Which forms do we use and who do we notify?

What route should I take? [ 1 Answers ]

My father recently received his permanent residency card. He obtained his card by being sponsored by his brother a US naturalized citizen. In the I-130 petition they filed was my dad, brother(under 21), and me(over 21). Apparently the immigration lawyer that my dad went to told him that there was...

View more questions Search