Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jellyyyy Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Apr 15, 2012, 01:57 PM
    I don't love my boyfriend, and I have feelings for my best friend.
    I've been with my boyfriend for a year and ten months. We started dating right after high school ended. We spent the summer together, of which I believe I enjoyed. He told me he loved me pretty early on, and it bothered me a little bit. Right after that, we both left home for college, so we're in a long distance relationship.

I was sad when we left, and I texted him and tried to talk to him as often as possible. After a while, I met people and was having a good time, but he isn't as social and still tried to talk to me all the time. I was happy to go home for summer after freshman year, but midsummer, I started to feel like I did not want to date him anymore. A lot of the things he did annoyed me, and I felt like he was too clingy. I feel like I've grown up and changed in college, and when I look at him, I still see the boy I met in high school. I don't see a grown up in college, I see a boy. He acts pretty selfishly, and spends too much time on video games. He misses class and doesn't do homework on time because he was 'busy' with video games. I find this out from his roommate. I don't think that is anything a college student should be doing.

Anyway, I was sad to leave for college again, but definitely not as much as the first time. I love being at college, and I am in my sophomore year now. I met this guy about two months ago through a friend and we really hit it off. I see him almost every day, and we hang out by ourselves often.

My boyfriend still texts me and everything, but I find it annoying when he does. And when we do happen to see each other for a break or anything, I feel smothered by him. I think that since we started our relationship right before college started, I just have gotten used to not being around him. So, when we are actually together, I find it annoying.

As for the other guy, I always want to be around him. I do not know if he has feelings for me or not, but I know he likes my company, and he calls me his best friend. We always get very physically close when we're hanging out, and it makes me forget about my boyfriend. I've had dreams about us dating, and it does not bother me as much as it should.

So, I guess what I'm asking is, how should I end this relationship? I'm not entirely sure that I ever really loved him. Also, just to note, I wanted to break with him before I met this other guy; the new guy just made me realize that I should try and not drag this out much longer. I know he will be devastated and it kills me to think about. I just know I can't spend the rest of my life with him, and I don't think I should waste our time anymore, as much as it will hurt. Of course there are more details to this, but I didn't think they were necessary.
    flowerchildfala Posts: 96, Reputation: 16

Apr 15, 2012, 07:31 PM
    Leave your boyfriend if you don't love him! That's really mean to get him more involved with you if you love someone else! Let him go, you'll feel relieved you were honest with him and yourself! It will hurt him but at least you are being honest to him hun!! Good luck!
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 15, 2012, 07:56 PM
    It just takes being honest, as there was no reason whatsoever for you to decieve him about your feelings for him, and lead him on, or cheat on him.
    jellyyyy Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Apr 15, 2012, 08:44 PM
    Don't get me wrong, I really did want to date him. He was my first boyfriend, which is why I'm not entirely sure if I did ever love him. Also, I have no intention of cheating on him.

Thank you guys for the advice so far!
    Raiise Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2012, 01:53 PM
    Put yourself in your boyfriends shoes; then think to yourself what would he want to know...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I love my boyfriend but I like my best friend? [ 4 Answers ]

I've been with my boyfriend for 2 years and 4 months. He started college this year and I'm still in my junior year of high school. Since the first weekend of October, I started talking to my guy best friend a lot and ended up developing feelings for him. He says he likes me too but I don't know...

A really good friend confessed feelings for me, they are mutual, but she's got a boyfriend [ 8 Answers ]

Me and her go way back. Now suddenly she comes clean that she has always wanted more, and god so have I.. And I let her know that. But... She's got a boyfriend she loves. I want to build on it but am I wrong to keep hinting on our feelings for each other right now? I don't plan on actually doing...

I love a friend who has a boyfriend. [ 11 Answers ]

I am deeply in love with a girl but she has a boyfriend.. we have been friends for more then 7 years and she knows I love her so much.. I have been praying for her everyday but nothing changed and I can't even forget her.. am just getting so mentally tortured because now she won't even answer my...

Love a girl but not sure if she shares the same feelings and has a boyfriend [ 44 Answers ]

I think about her every day and I'm just not sure if I should tell her that I love her, considering the fact that she has a boyfriend. Whatever happens, I want her to be happy. I thought about slipping a note in her shoe whenever I get the chance. By the way, I'm 14. Please help.

Boyfriend in love w/me, I don't have any feelings for him [ 8 Answers ]

My boyfriend kissed me and I realized that I didn't have any feelings for him. How do I let him down easy? Also, some of his friends are telling me that he probably is in love with me and I've only been out on 2-3 dates with him. It sounds a little weird to me. What do you think I should do?

View more questions Search