Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    seeker_21 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2012, 12:27 AM
    Weak flush/no swirl on new installed one piece toilet
    I have read through the posts on this subject in this forum but was unable to find a response that fits my problem. So I am posting it here. Apologies, if this type of question has already been answered, if so , kindly direct me to it.

I recently installed a new one piece toilet/dual flush. The water pressure seems weak when flushed, not everything gets flushed in one time. The plumber, took a look and said the water level in tank was not right. They adjusted the setting, but I think this only improved the flush by very little. It still doesn't have enough pressure to flush all at once. It also has no swirling action that I have commonly seen in my previous two piece toilet. Is there some new technology I am unaware of? Of no more swirls?
    I read in some of the posts to look for deposits under the rim, but this is a new toilet so it should be clean. Also I couldn't find any hole at the bottom of the bowl that is supposed to create a syphon jet action.

What do you think is the problem, and how can I resolve this? Please help.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 15, 2012, 05:21 AM
    Hi seeker and Welcome to The Plumbing Page. At AskMeHelpDesk.com.
    In my capacity as shop trouble shooter I began to run into a slew of complaints on our new construction that were just like yours. I knew they all couldn't be " bad toilets" so I went looking for the cause. I found that when installing the new bowl that the wax ring had been forced out into the discharge pipe and blocking the free flow of water. When the water hit it a backpressure was set up preventing the siphon that makes a good flush and the solids just swirled around while the water went slowly down. I had to set up meeting with our plumbers and show them the problem and how to fix it. When you set the bowl, put the wax seal down on the flat side to the closet flange. Then take your hands and bevel the wax seal outward so that when you set a bowl on it the wax is forced out instead of in blocking the flush. The customer complaints stopped and I had less work to do. Try molding the wax seal so it doesn't choke down on the flush. Good luck, Tom

Apr 15, 2012, 05:59 AM
    Thanks for a quick response, but the water doesn't even swirl. And the water does go out all right, its not slow or anything. But there is not enough suction/pressure. Are these new toilets not supposed to have the swirling action?
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 16, 2012, 06:14 AM
    The rim holes are the ones that start the swirling action. Are they blocked with no water coming out? Back to you. Tom

Apr 16, 2012, 06:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speedball1 View Post
    The rim holes are the ones that start the swirling action. Are they blocked with no water coming out? Back to you. Tom
    no. the rim holes are not blocked. I checked. The water does come out from it.
    I was wondering if there is a setting - some sort of switch with these one piece mechanisms that adjust the force of the water?
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 16, 2012, 06:42 AM
    I recently installed a new one piece toilet/dual flush.
    A duel flush toilet has a "water saver" volume setting of 0.8 gallons. Are you sure you don't have yours on the lower setting? Can you give me a brand name and model on your toilet? Back to you, Tom
    parttime Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2012, 06:42 AM
    Hi Seeker, was a weak flush the reason for the new toilet? The problem that Tom described would cause a reduced swirling action. Good luck

Apr 16, 2012, 07:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speedball1 View Post
    A duel flush toilet has a "water saver" volume setting of 0.8 gallons. Are you sure you don't have yours on the lower setting? Can you give me a brand name and model on your toilet? Back to you, Tom
    Yes, that's what I was wondering if it is perhaps set on 0.8. I don't know how to change to setting or where to look for it.

The brand is Hindware, and model is Fusion.
    Www.hindwarehomes.com

Apr 16, 2012, 08:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by parttime View Post
    Hi Seeker, was a weak flush the reason for the new toilet?? the problem that Tom described would cause a reduced swirling action. good luck
    The previous toilet was just old and had cracked a bit. But never had a problem with the flush. The new one is the one that has a weak flush.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Apr 16, 2012, 08:08 AM
    HI Seeker

Most new toilets do not swirl like the old toilets. Here, new toilets have larger flush valves and flappers and they send a large volume of water in very little time resulting in a "WHOOSH" effect... no more swirling needed!

In terms of the setting, I'm afraid I can't help you on that... need to call the manufacturer or get ahold of the instructions for your toilet to set the correct setting needed.

One quick thing to check will be to be sure that the water line going into the toilet isn't clogged (run supply line into a bucket and turn it on).

Back to you...

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Toilet Has a very weak flush [ 13 Answers ]

Hi! I am growing very frustrated at my toilets weak flush. The water just swirls around and does not go all the way down. To get solids and toielt paper to go all the way down, I have to flush 2 or 3 times, while holding the handle down. It is definitley not clogged as I have plunged it, snaked...

Older toilets -- weak swirl, weak flush [ 24 Answers ]

Hope someone can help. Our toilets are original to the house, 20-plus years old. When flushed, the swirl isn't strong enough to completely flush the bowl. The bowl does NOT overflow, but it has to be flushed multiple times. We have very hard water where we live, despite having a regularly...

Toilet weak flush [ 2 Answers ]

My toilet has a "weak flush" It will seem to fill, but when you go to use it again, there is not a strong enough "current" to flush away the waste products. I have tried to shorten the chain on the inside of the tank to help it, but that does not seem to work. Any suggestions

Toilet swirl but no Flush Action [ 1 Answers ]

Having a similar problem with an old, old toilet (maybe 30 years old), I went so far yesterday as unbolting it and taking it to the back yard for closer inspection and testing. I didn't accomplish anything. I bought one of those cheap 25 foot augers from Kmart, which turned out to be useless. It...

Weak Toilet Flush [ 6 Answers ]

Weak flush in toilet. Ran snake and plunger and toilet doesn't appear clogged. What's the possible culprit and/or solution?

View more questions Search