Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tITAN123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2007, 08:08 PM
    L1 to H1 Transfer
    Hi,

I came to US on Nov 2005 in L1B for company A.My L1B expired in Jun 12.
    Im in US with valid I94 up to Jan 2008.

Meanwhile I did a H1B filing for the year 2006 with a consultant and it got approved only by December 2006 Still Im in my previous company which processed L1 for me

What is my status now.. is it legal for me to be in company A?. The consultant which did H1 processing say's that I can quit whenever he finds job for me..

I'm so concerned about it about the right direction.
    Could any one help me in this regard.. I donno what to do now..

Regards,
    TITan123
    dandymandy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2007, 09:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tITAN123
    Hi,

Meanwhile I did a H1B filing for the year 2006 with a consultant and it got approved only by December 2006 Still Im in my previous company which processed L1 for me

What is my status now..is it legal for me to be in company A?..The consultant which did H1 processing say's that I can quit whenever he finds job for me..

Could any one help me in this regard..I donno what to do now..

Regards,
    TITan123

Hi,
    Did you find a solution for your question. I am also in the same process and have the same questions as yours. Please could you reply me back with your best answer.

Regards
    Mandy
    sivabalu Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2007, 03:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tITAN123
    Hi,

What is my status now..is it legal for me to be in company A?..The consultant which did H1 processing say's that I can quit whenever he finds job for me..

Could any one help me in this regard..I donno what to do now..

Regards,
    TITan123
    Hi,

Yes, what your consultant says is probably what you want. You want to stay in the US, so you have applied for a fresh H1 right.

Or, if you would like to stay with your L1 , that's also legal, but when they say you to go back to India, you have to go. If you want to come for H1 employer, you can come back only after stamping and your L1 becomes invalid. If you want to come back with L1 then H1 becomes invalid.
    NNN1018 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2008, 08:20 AM
    Hi there

I have exactly simillar case. What did you do? Did you get correct solution for this? Let me know.

Thanks

Nikhil

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

H1 transfer [ 1 Answers ]

Hi , I am working in USA for company A and I have H1B visa valid till March 30, 2008. I want to transfer my H1 visa to company B. Regarding that I have couple of questions , Can you please give me some input on this ? 1. If my H1 transfer to company B gets approved and ...

View more questions Search