Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ConcernParents Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2012, 05:09 PM
    My 7 yr old son is being inappropriate
    My 7 yr old son was found in school drawing pictures of woman with boobs and men with penis'. He than wrote children notes asking them to have sex with him in the bathroom. His guidance counselor talked to him and he said he seen it on TV. Then we went one week with no problems. Then his 6 yr old sister started doing the same thing, we talked to her and they quit. Well today I caught them upstairs in my daughters room with her pants down and they were "humping" each other. Is this normal? I can't get my son to talk at all and my daughter says her brother told her too. I don't know what to do :(
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 14, 2012, 05:14 PM
    Does he watch a lot of TV? Even the "family" shows now can be R-rated with adult things shown and said.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 14, 2012, 05:33 PM
    Normal, it seems to be going to extreme, do you have normal talks about healthy and proper times for sex with him at this point.

If it is TV, what are you all watching ? He does not have his own TV to watch unsupervised does he?

Apr 14, 2012, 06:27 PM
    We do not have cable so the only thing he can watch are movies. I always make sure they are kid movies (cars, garfield, older cartoons) this way I know what he is watching.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 14, 2012, 06:28 PM
    Does he watch TV at other kids' homes?

Is he around teens or older kids?

Apr 16, 2012, 02:15 PM
    He has 6 older cousins. They are all boys... 16, 14, 12, 10, 9, and 8 : /
    doggyhelp123 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2012, 05:24 AM
    I think you should allow him to watch only appropriate movies and shows. He might be getting it from his older cousins so set boundaries.
    Steph4353 Posts: 24, Reputation: 4

Aug 12, 2012, 09:12 PM
    This is a very tender subject, but are there any men around your children? Any people that might have shown these to your children? I understand this isn't something you'd like to think about but you have to consider these things. My cousins acted innapropriate, and it later came out that they were molested.

It could also be things he saw on Tv, that his older cousins were watching and didn't think of him as old enough to understand it. I think you should kindly ask your son where he learned those things, or when he saw it on Tv
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2012, 03:02 AM
    It can be normal. If you see no other danger signs other than this, it could be perfectly normal. I remember 'playing house' with my brother (and sister) and 'humping' each other to pretend we were married. This was when we were between I would say 7 and 9 or so.

Also, kids are growing up MUCH faster than they used to. I hear kids on the playground talking about penis' and french kissing, and sex, and where babies come from, and it comes from kids as young as kindergartners.

Again, if THIS is the only issue, I see no problem.

Are there other issues going on? Nightmares? Bed wetting? Unexplainable fits or fears?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Appropriate or inappropriate? [ 21 Answers ]

I was watching a talk show today, and they were discussing appropriate and inappropriate child and parental behavior. The panel was split by two separate groups of people. One side thought it was fine to be naked in front of your children, bathe with them, dress and even use the bathroom in...

Is this inappropriate? [ 8 Answers ]

Can someone please please help - I am so worried - can't think of anything else. I need opinions on this, because when I was young I was abused by my father, so I think that has clouded my judgment on what is appropriate and what isn't. What I mean is I am thinking that I might be thinking it's...

View more questions Search