Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cuddles2224 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2012, 04:09 PM
    Theft under 5000 first time offender alberta
    I am 35 year old woman and was a cashiewr and was charged with theft under $ 5000. Would they send me to jail this is my very first offence and my last one.. Please get back to me and let me know Thanks! I am very remoresful and feel awful about what I did
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 14, 2012, 04:31 PM
    I will say everyone who is caught always seems to be full of remorse and sorry, but if they had not been caught would they be that sorry ? Or are they sorry they got caught and worried about what will happen. Did not seem to worry about what could happen when they did it.

As for as going to jail, for the under 5000, was it 4999 or was it 49 or was it 3 dollars worth.
    It makes a big difference, have you already paid them back for all of the loses ?
    cuddles2224 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2012, 07:01 PM
    I will say I have not paid them back yet but am willing to do so. I am very remoresful and am feeling awful for what I did. As far as how much I took I am going to guess and say about $ 1000. I have mental health issues and was on medication during this so cannot remember doing this at all, and I know that is no excuse. I suffer with severe depression and get panic/ anxiety attacks quite often. I am under the care of a Pychatrist and Pyhcologist as well. Reply when you can. Thank You!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Theft under 5000 because first time offender criminal record? [ 2 Answers ]

I am 18 and I live in vancouver canada. Today I got caught stealing 320 worth of perfume and makeup (4items) I am in high school and athlete. This is my first offence ever. I go to court on June 24th is it possible they dismiss it? That I won't have a criminal record. HELP PLEASE ! THANK YOU

First time offender, theft under 5000 [ 13 Answers ]

First of all, I want to mention that I have reviewed plenty of the threads here where people have had similar situations to me, and would like to thank those who had periodically provided answers. I just recently got myself into a horrible situation where I was charged with theft under 5000 for...

Theft under 5000 alberta [ 1 Answers ]

I an guilty of theft under 5000 in alberta. I thought a customer found a wallet and I took 60 bucks and turned it in but that customer happened to be the lost prevention team at my job. When they took me into their office we talked and they had a whole pile of witness statements from other...

Please help me.. Second time theft under 5000$ Alberta Canada - Alternative Measures [ 0 Answers ]

I was extremely stupid for doing this. I was caught trying to shoplift from a mall 2 days ago, got arrested and assigned to a court date by mid Feb 2011. I know that it was extremely stupid of me and wrong, but my only excuse is that I was laid off from my job 6 months ago and seriously desperate....

View more questions Search