Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crystalbivens Posts: 489, Reputation: 26

Feb 21, 2007, 07:57 PM
    Is someone trying to tell me something or am I losing my mind?
    Ok so I have recently been having this strong feeling that someone is around me, almost as if I need to know something. I have always been very opened minded about all situations and I believe everyone is entitled to their oppionion about such things as this. I guess what I'm trying to say is I never felt as if spirits or ghost were really true or if they weren't cause I never had expierenced anything from another world so to say.
    But about a month ago I started feeling as if their were someone or something always around me and trying to get my attention.
    It all started one night about 3 am I was awaken by the sound of the TV in the living room,
    I looked towards the door and I swear I saw the reflections from the TV going not only that I heard it. I know this was real because I actually woke up and went to see what was going on. At first I thought it was my husband because he was known to fall asleep on the couch with the TV going but I looked at him and he was sound asleep, then I thought mabey my son had woke up and he was watching it. But as soon as I walked out of my bedroom into the living room the TV quickly cut off, and their was no one in the living room.
    I told my husband about it the next morning and he thought I was dreaming, but I wasent it was very much real.
    I went on with life as usuall trying to convince myself that it wasent real.
    Then about a week later I had just gotten into the tub and was trying to relax when I started feeling something touch my leg, it was like someone kept brushing over it with a feather, I can't explain the feeling that came over me, the touchy feeling would come and go for about 10 min, then all of a sudden I swear someone was standing around me the since of presence was so strong. I have never in my life had such a feeling as I had in the tub, I got the worst cold chills all over me. I was out of that tub so fast. When I came rushing out my husband looked at me and said so serious, "Whats wrong, You look like you just saw a ghost"?
    Not to mention that recently I got some old boxes out of storage and one thing I got out was a musical plant that my grandmother gave to my son when he was a baby, and every time you press the button it sings and the flowers dance, it always made him crack up so she always loved to play it for him, After she passed away I packed it up. So when I unpacked it I was surprised to know that it still worked so I put it on the fireplace and a few days after getting it out it has started playing on its own when no one is around, its like someone presses the buttton which you have to do to make it play.
    Does anyone have an suggestions as to who this is and why I keep feeling like someone is trying to communicate with me.
    Please help my husband thinks I'm, losing my mind.

Also this all started about a month after we moved into our new house that we built our self could this have something to do with it?
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2007, 08:09 PM
    It could be the land? Is it an older area?

Feb 21, 2007, 08:10 PM
    Yeah I guess so we have 9 acres that we bought from a hunter, when we first saw the land their were dead carcues all over the place so I don't know if that could have something to do with it.
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2007, 08:14 PM
    That is very interesting. I am also open minded like you and I would say there are a few spirits that are present, but I do not believe they are harmful. Do you? Do you also agree with me that your grandmother is with you?

Joe

Feb 21, 2007, 08:22 PM
    I don't know what to believe I mean you always see these things on TV and such about people having these encounters and you just don't know if its true because you haven't experienced it
    As far as my grandmother goes she was like my mother she raised me from day one, and after she died over four years ago I haven't experienced anything till now.
    Do you think she's trying to tell me something.
    I know this is strange but a few months ago before all this happened I had a dream about her and she came to me and told me to be cautious of the future, because things aren't always what they seem. She then went on to say that the pregnancy was dangerous and it wouldn't last and she gave me a kiss and was gone.
    Then last month I started feeling like I was pregnant but I don't know how cause I have an IUD in I took a couple of pregnancy test and only one came out a lite positive, I went to the doctor and they said I wasent pregnant. Do you think the dream as something to do with this?
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2007, 08:30 PM
    Wow, in my opinion the dream has a lot to do with it. Your dream I hope was comforting to you? She has definitely been watching over you. She is coming to you in dreams to comfort you. That is my belief anyway.

Feb 21, 2007, 08:36 PM
    But why is she trying harder to get to me now I mean I'm feeling things touch me and like someone is watching me it makes me so nervous. I don't know what to make of it. Ifs she's trying to tell me something how do I figure it out?
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2007, 08:39 PM
    Just before you go to sleep. I am not sure of your beliefs. Just ask God to open your heart to your Grandmother. That you are open to receiving her in your dreams and you would like to know more.

This could work. Just even praying about it. For protection and for understanding I think would help a great deal.

Feb 21, 2007, 08:47 PM
    I will do that and mabey if there's something I need to know she will let me see it in my dreams.
    And, if not mabey she will keep giving me clues.
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2007, 08:51 PM
    Just keep an open mind, but do not be fearful. Fearful emotions will only create negative energy. Be positive and happy and know and believe that if your grandmother has anything else to say, she will come to you in your dreams. Do not force it but let it happen on its own time.

Joe
    Dreamcatcher91 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2007, 05:02 PM
    I'm not trying to scare you but I think it's a poltrigise. Since you siad it has touched your leg before, and it's turned the flower thing on and off, then it's trying to scare you. Either that or it most definitely wants your attention. There are 2 kinds of ghosts. There's risidual hauntings, which is where a ghost only repeats what it did when it was alive, and it will keep on doing that over and over on a daliy basis. The other kind is an intelligent haunting, where the ghost can talk to you, touch you and do what ever it wants freely. It's definitely an intelligent haunting. Your not crazy, because weird things happen to me too beyond your belief. If it continues to happen, maybe you should consider moving. The dead carcus' definitely take part in this.

Mar 1, 2007, 06:05 PM
    Could it be from the land we moved on we just got through building this house about 2 months ago so moving may not be an opption because we have been planning this house for over 2 years now that its built I don't think we could move, How would the dead carcuses be involved they were probely just from the animals that were hunted when the land was used for a hunting ground?
    Uber Member

Mar 1, 2007, 06:08 PM
    Are you still having the same experiences?

Mar 1, 2007, 08:43 PM
    Not really they kind of just stopped mabey their going away.
    Uber Member

Mar 1, 2007, 08:45 PM
    I honestly believe that Dreamcatcher91 is over reacting in such a dramatic way.

What is your feeling? Do you feel it is that series? I personally do not think it is.

Good luck with everything.

Joe
    ROBERT15 Posts: 23, Reputation: 3

Mar 9, 2007, 02:28 PM
    Well Maybe Your Grandmother Is Trying To Tell U Something Im Not Sure But Just Put The Pieces Of The Signs And It Will Start 2 Make Sense. And Maybe The Spirit Of Your Grandmother Is Trying To Play With Your Son

Mar 12, 2007, 08:54 PM
    OK guys let me just add some insight on how things have been going. For a little while their were no strange things happening almost as if it had completely gone away then
    Sunday morning I woke up and my husband ask me if I had left the front door open last night. Well of course I had not in fact before I went to bed I checked the door and it was in fact shut and locked. But he says that he woke up during the night and had a strange feeling to get up and when he did he saw the front door open wide (at around 3:00 am) so could this have something to do with all my other events?
    Dreamcatcher91 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2007, 01:50 PM
    Hmm... wired. Definitely paranormal activity. No duh. So now that your husbands seen it it's easier on you to discuss the matter right? If anything bad happens or another wired occurrence try calling someone who knows about this stuff and could possibly explain in further detail why it is happening. Its helped many people. Unfourtently I don't know any of them.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Mar 13, 2007, 02:40 PM
    We live in a house that has a presence. Mostly how we experience it is objects get moved around, or knocked to the floor and cubboard/closet doors opened. Sometimes music or conversation is heard when its really quiet here. We live on nearly three acres in a fairly dense wooded area. While it was unnerving at first, it has never caused any harm so we've learned not to fear it.

One morning I was startled awake (I mean cardiac check time LOL) with the definite impression of someone bodily leaning over the bed whispering in my ear but when I described all the details of this strange experience to someone I trust knows this topic, they confirmed it was a good thing so I let it go at that.

I tell you all this now as a way to encourage you to see it in a less unnerving way. We are definatley not the kind of people who would ordinarily believe in ghosts or such but its hard to refute actual experiences.
    Uber Member

Mar 13, 2007, 02:45 PM
    Yes, many people who are skeptics or do not believe turn into believers when they experience it for themselves. Good post val.

Joe

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is someone trying to tell me something or am I losing my mind? [ 7 Answers ]

Ok so I have recently been having this strong feeling that someone is around me, almost as if I need to know something. I have always been very opened minded about all situations and I believe everyone is entitled to their oppionion about such things as this. I guess what I'm trying to say is I...

Is my apartment haunted or am I losing my mind? [ 34 Answers ]

Hey there everyone, Over the past few days, strange things have been happening in my apartment that I moved into about a month and a half ago. Appliances turn on and off by themselves... it started with the DVD player - at first I thought maybe our DVD player had some loose wiring since it was...

Can't get her off my mind [ 5 Answers ]

Many of you have read this earlier in different strings but I can't get her off my mind. I met the most amazing woman 15 years ago but our lives were on different paths. There was a definite chemistry between us. However we never got together. Recently after a painful divorce for me and the...

Is it all just in my mind? [ 1 Answers ]

I have always had a normal period. Dec my period was normal. Last month it only lasted 3 days compared to the 6 days it normally lasts.This month I'm spotting just like last month. I 've had home pregnancy and blood tests done but the results all come back negative. I have been pregnant before and...

I have a mind of my own! [ 14 Answers ]

I am 17yrs old and I am going to get married to the most wonderful man I have ever met. He treats me well and is very mature (he is also 17, but will turn 18 in 2 months). He told my dad of my plans and he flipped! He thinks that I am doing it because my boyfriend said so. He raised me to be a very...

View more questions Search