Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sign me up Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2012, 10:54 AM
    Was my house haunted?
    I moved into my granfather's home after her died. My mother inherited the home but let my children and I live there. When we moved in, we remodeled the home and then strange things began to happen. My grandfather had built the home with his own 2 hands around 40 years ago. Every room in the house had tongue and groove wood panneling thaty he was very proud of. I felt that after we took it down and put up drywall that he was not happy. Throughout the 4 years that we were there, we went through 4 dfiferent television sets. All of them one by one would just blow out. One of which was repaired and then a short time later it blew again. We could never keep a light bulb in the home working in the house longer than a week. I would put a new light bulb in, and a few days later... it would blow. Lights in the rooms would constantly flicker on their own. DVD players and VCR's would always stop working for no reason as well. My children and I always had eery feelings there whether it was day or night. I was always afraid to be there alone. I always had a sense that we were not wanted there. My grandfather did not smoke. I did, and I did in the house. He didn't believe in having pets in the home as I also had pets there. I just had a sense that we were not welcome living in his home. Negative things between my children and I began to happen between us as well. We all started to become depressed. I began sleeping a lot. Daily routines became more and more of a struggle. My children began to get meaner and meaner towards me and one another. Everything around us just became very negative and dark. I don't know how to really explain it, but I blame that house.
    I need answers about my experience. I know in my heart that something in that home was there besides my children and I and it did not want us there. Is it possible that my grandfather was trying to express his feelings toward us that he did not want us there? Were we just imagining these eery feelings? PLease help us to understand better of what we experienced in that house.
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Apr 15, 2012, 01:18 PM
    Are you still in the home or have you moved out?

What you described is very common with haunted homes. I'm glad that you mentioned the atmosphere in the home changing. That is one of the strongest ways a spirit will change your home and family. Did you grandmother ever mention problems like that while she lived there? Often a remodel will stir up spirits that exist in a home... I don't know why this is, perhaps they like the home as it was when they began residing there. I DO NOT believe that humans spirits remain after death therefore I don't think this is your grandfather. If you want to know what was going on there, quite simply it has a habitation of spirits, plain and simple. How and why they were there isn't always as easy to answer. Typically some type of vice is what brings a spirit in and until that is dealt with they feel they have the right to linger.
    EidolonProject Posts: 28, Reputation: 5

Jun 14, 2012, 01:12 AM
    Hi,
    Chances are excellent that you were experiencing the ghost of your grandfather. People tend to forget that ghosts are people - not just people but the SAME people they were while on earth. Things don't change because you shed your skin and change realms. A common saying among paranormal researchers is, "As in life, so in death."

If your grandfather loved his home, and anyone who builds one from the ground up with his own love, blood and sweat would and should, then the chances are good that he would remain there after his death. There is a type of ghost commonly known as an 'attached ghost'. They will remain behind after death with prized possessions - jewelry, furniture, cars, people and most commonly houses - especially houses they owned. Or in your grandfather's case Built and owned.

Renovations are famous for brining ghosts out of the woodwork, so-to-speak. A 'content ghost', one who usually stays out of the way of the living, happy just to do their own thing with out disturbing any one will usually make themselves known if changes are being made to their environment. Workers on sites who have stirred up a ghost or two often have tools disappear from beside them, power to go out, doors slam... some just walk off the job.

Now your grandfather built that home according to his likes and tastes. I doubt if he is happy about seeing "his" home changed. The occurrences that you mention are common with a ghost attempting to get attention. He has apparently succeeded. If I am right, your grandfather was a strong, determined man. His ghost, so in death, is the same. He's letting you know of his disapproval.

Ah... what to do? Believe it or not, often the easiest and simplest remedy - and the most effective in cases involving a family ghost - is to simple have a sit down with him and talk. Mind, the conversation will seem a bit one sided, but he is there and he is listening. Explain to him the reasons for the change. Do not challenge him or his "authority' but rather speak to him as a granddaughter to her grandfather. He will know the reason for the changes and you will know the reason for the events. I would not use any cleansing ceremony as he would take it as a direct challenge and an attempt to 'kick him out of his own home'. He might get royally upset. So leave the smudging or whatever else as a very last resort. Talk, explain, and seek approval and you might find that he helps.

I don't want to close without mentioning this. Due to the electrical issues that have occurred, your grandfather may be in the role of another type of ghost, the "mission ghost". The mission that he may be trying to perform may be one of a warning. He may be trying to tell you about a problem with the wiring! He may be trying to save his family and his house from a fire. Just a thought.

Take care,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I think me or my house is haunted [ 4 Answers ]

I'm sort of used to the feeling but when I'm alone it scars me I think there might be two or three ghosts one my grandmother who died a few years ago she was in her 70s well me and my mother get this the most we feel like someone is looking at us we smell the smell at my grandmothers house used to...

I think my house is haunted [ 5 Answers ]

Well I live in my house for 4 years lately I heard voices when I went to walk somewhere I think it is a girl in a white dress she plays jokes on me turning the radio on and off when no one is around I'm so scared where I can't even move but I'm not afraid not to talk to here should I try to...

Is my house Haunted [ 6 Answers ]

I'm fourteen years old, and I live in a townhome with my mom. About two years ago weird things started happening in my house, things I couldn't explain. My mom was dating a really weird guy and he may have played a roll in this, but the first odd thing that happened was my mom stayed home on a...

Do you think my house is haunted [ 2 Answers ]

This is my 1st question posted on here. I have lived in my house for 5 years. Yesterday, my eight year daughter who is a very smart little girl and has never made up a story in her life. She doesn't lie. She was playing a video game in her toy room for about a half hour. She came running out of...

View more questions Search