Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Marizel Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2012, 04:57 AM
    So confused...
    Hi everyone. I am 29 years old and currently having a pronblem with menstral period and getting pregnant. I had my menstration on the 24th March and lasted on th 28th. Me and my partner really wants a baby but unfortunately on the eve of 13th April again I had my menstration. The last day we did it was on the 12th April. I was told that sperm can live up to 5days inside the womb. Do I have a chance to get pregnant? Or it will be washed off with my menstration. Please help...
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Apr 14, 2012, 03:53 PM
    Hi Marizel,

Are your periods normally regular? Was the bleeding you had on 13 April an actual period? If so, the chances of becoming pregnant from sex the day before are very low. It will depend on when you happen to ovulate. If your periods are irregular, you ovulation will also likely be irregular.

How long have you been trying to become pregnant? Have you been able to determine when you are most likely to be ovulating?
    Marizel Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2012, 09:02 PM
    Hi Doula many thanks, was it consider normal having menstration every first week of the month but do not fall on the same date? I had experience 2 menstral period in march first was the first week then next was on the 4th week. However I had again my period on the 13th. Is it possible that I can get pregnant? My partner and I had sex on the 12th April and the following day I bled. I don't know when was my ovulation period and this was our first attempt to have a baby. But even before I tried so many times but I was not able to conceive and I do not use contraceptive. Please advice.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Apr 16, 2012, 01:24 PM
    Periods will generally be the same number of days apart each cycle. For example, some women will have periods that are 25 days apart, others 32 days apart. They won't always start the same day as there are not always the same number of days in each month, so it is perfectly normal for periods to show up a few days earlier or later than expected.

It can also be perfectly normal to even have irregular cycles, if that is the norm for the person. It is when periods regularly come much earlier or much later than expected, or don't show up at all, that there may be concerns.

While it is possible to become pregnant the first time you try, most couples do not. Having sex right before a period starts is not the most likely time to become pregnant, although it can happen. Was the bleeding on the 13th like a period or was it lighter? Sometimes women will have some bleeding or spotting after sex and it may be from that.

See what happens when you would expect your next period. If it doesn't show, try a pregnancy test.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Late period, pregnancy,confused confused [ 2 Answers ]

On 1st Aug 09, I had a very painful period which came 12days late.Before the period came, I had unusually swollen breasts,cramping consistently, consistent headache and nausea. I have been trying for a baby in the last 12months.I have never used any pill, nor gotten pregnant before. My period is...

Why am I so confused? [ 4 Answers ]

I met a girl who had been single for 3 years. Her only other relationship was her first love which lasted 5 years. They still keep in touch regularly by phone although he has been living with his new girlfriend for 2 years in a different state. We lasted 14 weeks before the dreaded "We rushed...

Confused [ 1 Answers ]

I think I am failing college,but still not sure. I am a college student in the uk, and I have finished the hnd course during the last 10 months but the problem is I still have ork for college that I haven't submitted yet,they told me that I need to get it done anyway, I said I will but till now I...

Confused? What do I do. [ 2 Answers ]

I love someone who is 5 years elder to me. He is not a very expressive person in terms of feelings and emotions. He does love me. We do have a good mutual understanding but sometimes he takes me for granted he does not appreciate for what so ever I do for him. And whenever I talk to him about...

Confused [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have filed chapter 13 in Feb. 07, but I converted it over to a 7 in march of 08. On my credit report it shows the original date that I had filed. Right now I am trying to locate and buy a house for the first time. The question that I have is that my credit score is 586, which is poor, but you...

View more questions Search