Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alphyjk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2012, 03:13 AM
    Inter religion marriage
    I am a catholic. I want to marry a hindu, can my catholic parents attend my civil wedding without being punished by the church?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 14, 2012, 04:29 AM
    Of course, there is no punishment for merely attending another faiths service.plus this is a civil service.
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Apr 14, 2012, 09:25 AM
    Being Catholic you might want to look at what your bible says about such a marriage however.

Quote Originally Posted by alphyjk View Post
    i am a catholic. i want to marry a hindu, can my catholic parents attend my civil wedding without being punished by the church?
    Triund Posts: 271, Reputation: 24

Apr 15, 2012, 04:48 PM
    I had to let my love of life go, because she did not want to walk with my God, for the Bible tells me not to be unequally yolked.
    indya Posts: 357, Reputation: 58

Apr 25, 2012, 11:24 PM
    No your parents won't be 'punished' for attending your wedding. At my church, catholic's who've had inter-religious marriage are not allowed to take the communion! Though they can still attend the mass.

So, its up to you, to either give up the sacrament of communion, or convert your would-be.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Inter-caste marriage [ 4 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I'm Romey, 25 yrs. Old. Belonging to (SC) and my go ( OBC ). We have in a critical condition, the main problem is intercaste marriage from her mother side. They did not want to marry with me. But the girl always says to mother to marry with me. We are loyal to each other from 4...

Inter religion marriage [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I am a Hindu guy and she is a Christian girl. We both wants to get married and trying to convince our parents for a long time. After a long struggle my parents are OK with the marriage with few terms. We need to get married in Hindu style. But her father was against this as she is Christian...

View more questions Search