Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Juanski Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2012, 09:03 PM
    Air Force
    Has anyone been to the airforce? I would like to know how your experience was and I woud also like your opinoin. I I'm thinking about joinning either the Marines or the Air Force, but not sure which to go with. Any advice or opinoins, Im all ears. Thanks
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 14, 2012, 07:14 AM
    Do you prefer crispy chicken or regular?

What do you want to do in service? What are you wanting out of it? A Career or to learn a job to use when you get out?

Marines and Air Force is as different as day is to night in many ways.
    Juanski Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2012, 10:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Do you prefer crispy chicken or regular?

What do you want to do in service? what are you wanting out of it? a Career or to learn a job to use when you get out?

Marines and Air Force is as different as day is to night in many ways.
    Grilled:) haha I want to get some education out of it. As in college degree and experience I can use when I get out
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Apr 14, 2012, 11:21 AM
    In my humble opinion, the USAF.

I joined quite a few years ago and I believe I made the right choice. Getting an education is available but primarily up to your own tenaciousness. When I signed up I was an immature kid I believe they made me a man with life experiences. They will test you as all the services will, how you do is totally up to you.

Stringer
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 14, 2012, 11:28 AM
    Hello J:

There's a LOT of differences, but the BIGGEST is in the Marines you'll be on the ground shooting at the enemy you can see, and he's shooting back... You're sleeping in foxholes and eating your meals out of cold bags.

But, in the Air Force, you're fighting BEHIND the lines.. You NEVER see your enemy face to face. You sleep in your nice warm bed at night and you eat hot food.

Plus, there's a technical education you could get in the Air Force that probably won't be available in the Marines...

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Confederate air force/ Commemorative air force [ 5 Answers ]

Are Lefty Gardner and Lloyd Nolan still alive? If so where can I find good information on the start of the Confederate Air force on line. There is a lot of info on the new Commemorative Air force, but very little on the old.

Force air furnace [ 1 Answers ]

The fuse keeps blowing out on the circuit board on my furnace

Noise from return air side of force air [ 7 Answers ]

My house was totally remodeled and I upgraded with forced air and a heat pump. I have a supply vent in every room, yet only 2 return vents... one at each end of single story house. Only the return vent closes to the furnace makes an annoying whining sound (wa, wa, wa, wa... is only thing I can...

What is the net force of a 0.1 N soda tossed in the air. Neglet air resisitance. [ 1 Answers ]

What is the net force of a 0.1 N soda tossed in the air? Neglect air resistance.

Find force of gravity, normal force, and net force in Physics [ 6 Answers ]

A crate of mass m (=10 kg) is placed at rest on a (frictionless) inclined plane, which has an angle (= 30 deg ) above horizontal 1. The force of gravity on the crate is? 2. The normal force on the crate is? 3. The net force on the crate is? 4. How long would it take the crate to slide 8 m...

View more questions Search