Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pinksuede616 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2012, 07:47 PM
    Do you have to get tested for a disease before leaving Ghana?
    Do you have to get test from a medical hostipal to leave ghana?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 13, 2012, 07:50 PM
    No. Are you being scammed?

Apr 13, 2012, 07:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    No. Are you being scammed?
    Yes I think so, he sounds good and I been talking to him for months and he told me he had to get test did to make sure he has no medical problems before coming here
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 13, 2012, 07:55 PM
    Has he asked for (and gotten?) money from you yet?

Apr 13, 2012, 07:57 PM
    Has he asked for (and gotten?) money from you yet?
    I sent him all together 200 dollars , I feel so stupid now, he got close to my kids and all
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 13, 2012, 08:02 PM
    Nigeria, Ghana, and Russia are three of the most notorious countries that are the source of relationship scams. Others will tell you more about the pitfalls. If you think this guy is real, plan to fly there to meet him and his family in his own space. Please don't send more money. People have lost their life savings doing that.

Apr 13, 2012, 08:03 PM
    Nigeria, Ghana, and Russia are three of the most notorious countries that are the source of relationship scams. Others will tell you more about the pitfalls. If you think this guy is real, plan to fly there to meet him and his family in his own space. Please don't send more money. People have lost their life savings doing that.
    OK thanks for te advice, I will do that tomorrow thanks so much
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 13, 2012, 08:05 PM
    Give him some phony story about how you have a family emergency or your car broke down and needs expensive repairs or something. Or just say no.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 13, 2012, 08:12 PM
    You are lucky that they only asked for 200 at this point, normally they start with several thousand for passport and visa's. Then it is money for medical, and they need so much money in the bank to leave country, and it goes on and on, till the person figures it out and stops spending or is out of money

Apr 13, 2012, 08:13 PM
    Give him some phony story about how you have a family emergency or your car broke down and needs expensive repairs or something. Or just say no.
    I have did that before about the car. At first he was calling all the time, he still calls during the week but always claim he have no minutes but on the day I suppose to send money he can call and text all day

Apr 13, 2012, 08:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    You are lucky that they only asked for 200 at this point, normally they start with several thousand for passport and visa's. Then it is money for medical, and they need so much money in the bank to leave country, and it goes on and on, till the person figures it out and stops spending or is out of money
    Well he have asked for more but I stated getting suspisious about it, cause he never have that many minutes to call or text until the day he wants money
    I don't understand why he will get close to my kids and all, he gave me his sister number, I have talked to her one night, I really don't understand,
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 13, 2012, 08:30 PM
    These are well planned scams and they work months on them, and that sister is most likely the sister for 20 or 30 scams, What happens is several people will be using the same name, they merely photo shop the ID or passport name, often use the same photos. And they use a script of what is being said, So by getting close to the kids, you will want them to come and will allow emotion to react instead of common sense.

On the email side, they have rooms full of people, often 60 year old ladies pretending to be 18 year old girls and more, they will be perhaps chatting with several people at a time, and often they do shifts, you may be "chatting online" with someone different on Tuesday than on Wed. but they read the scripts that have been talked about , so they know what to say.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 13, 2012, 08:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pinksuede616 View Post
    i dont understand why he will get close to my kids and all, he gave me his sister number, i have talked to her one night, i really dont understand,
    That's part of the strategy -- he becomes close and familiar and almost part of the family. How can you dare turn him down??

Apr 13, 2012, 08:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    These are well planned scams and they work months on them, and that sister is most likely the sister for 20 or 30 scams, What happens is several people will be using the same name, they merely photo shop the ID or passport name, often use the same photos. And they use a script of what is being said, So by getting close to the kids, you will want them to come and will allow emotion to react instead of common sense.

On the email side, they have rooms full of people, often 60 year old ladies pretending to be 18 year old girls and more, they will be perhaps chatting with several people at a time, and often they do shifts, you may be "chatting online" with someone different on Tuesday than on Wed. but they read the scripts that have been talked about , so they know what to say.
    Well thanks for the input, I really appericate it, he will not get another dime from me , on the other hand I will go wake his up right now and tell him cause tomorrow starts another day in my life, thanks so much for the coast ( eye opener) smile.. bye

Apr 13, 2012, 08:36 PM
    That's part of the strategy -- he becomes close and familiar and almost part of the family. How can you dare turn him down????
    Thanks, I feel like a dam fool, but I'm taking my life back
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 13, 2012, 08:39 PM
    You are a lot smarter than thousands of people who have sent tons of money to these men (or women). We get regular questions about this scam, and some questioners just don't get it, can't believe it's a scam and refuse to listen to our warnings. So pat yourself on the back that you lost only $200!

Apr 13, 2012, 08:42 PM
    You are a lot smarter than thousands of people who have sent tons of money to these men (or women). We get regular questions about this scam, and some questioners just don't get it, can't believe it's a scam and refuse to listen to our warnings. So pat yourself on the back that you lost only $200!
    I am not wearing a dunce hat, he got enough from me, now if he is not a spam I'm going to tell his to get here how ever he can if he want to come but I'm not helping no more, see how fast his give up, cause I'm going to find me someone else.HIS SPAM WITH ME IS OVER

Apr 13, 2012, 08:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wondergirl View Post
    you are a lot smarter than thousands of people who have sent tons of money to these men (or women). We get regular questions about this scam, and some questioners just don't get it, can't believe it's a scam and refuse to listen to our warnings. So pat yourself on the back that you lost only $200!
    I mean his scam
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 13, 2012, 08:45 PM
    Don't yell and scream at him. Just not be there. Be busy with real life. Ignore his IMs or texts or however he tries to connect with you. You have to keep yourself mentally healthy in all this for your kids' sake.

Apr 13, 2012, 08:48 PM
    Don't yell and scream at him. Just not be there. Be busy with real life. Ignore his IMs or texts or however he tries to connect with you. You have to keep yourself mentally healthy in all this for your kids' sake.
    Ok thanks for that.But before I dump him , Im going to get his butt back for that, thanks all goodnite

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leaving ghana [ 4 Answers ]

Is there such a thing as basic travelling allowance for someone leaving ghana for the very first time ?

Declaration fee for second time leaving Ghana [ 2 Answers ]

I California, and I have a lady friend who want me to help her with her Declaration fee to travel out of Ghana $7000.00 dollar is this true?

Declarations for leaving Ghana [ 2 Answers ]

Is There A Declaration Fee upon leaving Ghana?

What is the price of a visa and passport for a person leaving newtown ghana? [ 4 Answers ]

How much money would it cost one person to leave newtown ghana to come to seatac airport to visit?

View more questions Search