Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jennybbee Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2012, 06:55 PM
    Can a 19 year old be a foster parent to a family member's baby?
    I'm 19 and my cussin is in jail and no one will take the baby she is about to have and I don't just want it to go to some one not in the family am I old enof to take the baby for a little for her ?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 13, 2012, 07:02 PM
    Old enough, yes. But there are a lot more criteria to determine if you qualify. But definitely talk to your cousin's case worker. And let them know you are willing to foster the child.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 13, 2012, 07:27 PM
    The age requirement varies from state to state, generally 19-21. Where do you live?

Apr 13, 2012, 07:50 PM
    California and I am a nanny and have my own place and am in college
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 13, 2012, 08:17 PM
    So when will you watch the baby, and who will keep the baby when you are working, and when you are in classes ? Do you have the income and large enough place to live ?

Apr 13, 2012, 08:50 PM
    I watch a little girl that's 6 and I just take her to her classes such as dance and stuff and I got to school on line and yes I have a two bed room house and I would take the baby with me where ever I went
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 14, 2012, 04:38 AM
    Have you spoken to your cousin's case worker yet?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 14, 2012, 08:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennybbee View Post
    I watch a little girl that's 6 and I just take her to her classes such as dance and stuff and I got to school on line and yes I have a two bed room house and I would take the baby with me where ever I went

This is a totally impractical plan. This is a baby. You would need to prove that you can emotionally and financially support a child on your own - not with a boyfriend, not with a roommate, not with someone else.

You cannot simply pack up a baby and take her "wherever" you go.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What must I do to abandon my storage unit with a family member's property in unit? [ 6 Answers ]

My daughter and her husband were forced to leave their rental and subsequently moved in with me and my husband. I rented a storage unit for them to put the majority if their household belongings in during their stay with us. I have nothing of mine in the unit and they continue to delay moving...

Would a recently deceased close family member's visit scare me? [ 2 Answers ]

My dad recently passed away, less than 2 weeks ago, at the age of 70, from head and neck cancer. He had found out only one week prior that the radiation he had received, did not kill the cancer cells and that he only had a short time to live. We were all devastated as was he. He ended up staying at...

Can a single mom be a foster parent to a family members child? [ 1 Answers ]

I live in California I have a child with a man and within his family some issues have come up with his nephews children the father of my child and I are not married. The two children in question were in the process of being adopted by a blood related uncle, now that uncle is opting out of adopting...

Foster parent won't allow 23 year old to leave house without them along [ 8 Answers ]

How do I find out about this. The girl is in Texas and can't go anywhere. Can you explain?

Becoming a foster parent [ 5 Answers ]

I THINK this is the right spot for this queston.. My husband and I are looking into being a foster home. Does anyone know the requirements in Arizona? And what we have to do to become a foster famly?

View more questions Search